eMS-Pro ECU vs MegaSquirt-II PCB3.57

It gets confusing in a hurry but the short answer is different main boards. The processors can be the same and the firmware instructing the processors will be the same but the components supporting them can and will be different. Which to use and why? It depends on your ability to get it wired up correctly and working. NotStock is using a board different than those two choices very successfully, so are lots of other guys. The important part is that they are all tuneable where the factory ECU and ignition system are not.

well guys i just want to say thanks first of all to replying. i have been trying to get my car started again for the last few years and it always seems like some thing comes up. well as far as options the ems-pro seams to have the megasquirt beat (i think). as far as wiring the car up thats not a problem. from what i have read the ems-pro uses meagtune 2.25 is this a good tuning software or does it allow for it to be updated?

I sense confusion, they are both megasquirt, the emsPro just comes in a fancy box. You can use megatune with either one but I'd recommend Tuner Studio found at www.efianalytics.com, the basic version is free.

And to second what Scott said, TunerStudio is excellent software. It's a bit more user friendly than MegaTune and if you shell out the $50 or whatever it was for the full version and for MegaLogViewer it's money well spent. If you are trying your hand at tuning it yourself then you can use the Autotune feature on TunerStudio, called VE Analyze Live, which makes tuning adjustments as you drive. You can set up parameters that restrain it's ability to make large changes all at once (which I would suggest). As long as you manually program a good idle then you can use VE Analyze to get you a tune good enough to get to the dyno where it can be perfected. Either that, or do remote tuning with Scott--which I would suggest you look into. It takes longer than going to the dyno, no doubt, but the finished product is much better in terms of ease of driveability and at the end of the day most of us aren't hardcore racers.