302 HO fi swap

gottraction

Well ive had enough of my problems with the G54b so im going to pull it out in the next few days. Im looking for a swap that is not to difficult and expensive. From research it seems like im gonna be better off going with a 302/t5 swap.I do wanna go FI though. If you have done this swap could you please post pics of it in this thread and everything you needed to make the 302/t5 fit (radiator you ran etc) I cant find any mounts for our car. Thanks

i just got the front sump steel pan from summit and front sump oil pick up from summit and it fit no problems

http://www.summitrac...rview/make/ford

on the right side it shows what pick up is needed

i went with the steel pan so that i could weld in my drain line for the turbo. they do have a zinc plated one for cheaper

Edited by turbojeeper

I squeezed an aod in the 5 spd tunnel. Wasn't fun at all. I've heard the t-5 fits perfectly. As for the mount it was custom but I could use the stock mount holes. I promise I will get pics up asap. The holidays have just been crazy

here is the best i could get for the mounts

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/madmax852/Mobile%20Uploads/Resampled_2012-12-29_17-47-51_423.jpg

and here is the trans mount, its the stock ford crossmember slightly modifies to work with the factory mitsubishi holes

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/madmax852/Mobile%20Uploads/Resampled_2012-12-29_17-48-52_6.jpg

still working on the driveshaft i have a stock starion one and a stock mustang one prolly gonna do what tim_si did and weld on a front yoke to the companion flange of the starion shaft, hard to explain just search for his posts and he has pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought Prothane poly mounts for mine and just welded an extended plate on the pads and welded the mount to that. Alot more secure that way. Mind u i moved my engine back for better handling so the plate would be farther forward for u but u'd have an idea anyway. For the trans mount i also got a Prothane mount and just used 1/4" plate across where it goes across and bolted it through the floor boards and welded a plate in the top side. Don't hav a pic of it but if u msg me a # i can txt all the pics u need. Driveshaft i took to a local shop after measuring the length then had them put the yokes on and balance it:)

post-17940-0-89899600-1359006401.jpg

post-17940-0-79991300-1359006415.jpg

Edited by sleeper tsi

Talk to me about the fit of the motor and 5spd trans. I've got a 1uz with an automatic but between trying to clear the tunnel and steering box I'm quickly running out of room. It's $600 to $1200 just to go 5spd on the 1u, (not counting trans cost) so I'm seriously considering selling it and buying the 5.0.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

btw- any particular year better than others?

Talk to me about the fit of the motor and 5spd trans. I've got a 1uz with an automatic but between trying to clear the tunnel and steering box I'm quickly running out of room. It's $600 to $1200 just to go 5spd on the 1u, (not counting trans cost) so I'm seriously considering selling it and buying the 5.0.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

btw- any particular year better than others?

. If u use a front sump oil pan with a T-5 all u'll need to do is some mesaging of the tranny tunnel. it lines up almost perfect then make ur motor and tranny mounts and measure for ur driveshaft and done. I used a rear sump pan and moved the engine WAY back for weight distribution but that requires alot of fab work and i wouldn't suggest it unless u have the time and know how.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...