Mon2urbo 4dr Montero G54B Turbo Swap

Lizzord30

Mon2urbo Name becuse had Monturbo and this is the second one for me :P

Vehical: 4dr Montero 6g72 3.0L 2v SOHC 4sp auto 4x4

Engine: 88 Starion

BS removed

non jet ported head (considering roller magna 3rd gen cam)

Intake, EGR passages in the intake "plentum" ground out, to kinda make a plentum plus porting.

Turbo 12a rebuilt with ported exhaust housing

Ported exhaust manifold

Will probly run without IC 10psi

Exhaust will be mostly stock 3.0 exhaust connexted to a 2.5in downpipe without cats

ECU and harness from 88 Starion

Drive train:

89 2.6 auto bell housing to connect to 3.0 trans

90 3.0 tq converter

2.6 auto flex plate drilled for 3.0 tq converter

Right now this project progression is moving slowly.... Not really looking for lots of power just a decent get around car, shouldnt be hard to have more power then the stock 3.0.... which was gone when I bought then from my brother.

Edit: Added Picture!

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_1158/gallery_1655_1158_182527.jpg

Edited by Lizzord30

LoL Glad to see you 2 are still at it. Im gonna be dumping off all my 2.6 stuff here soon. the car sits in the garage awaiting money,time, and a garage that can actually be worked in.. but i figure it'll be a project for me to do with my boys as they are growing up.

LoL Glad to see you 2 are still at it. Im gonna be dumping off all my 2.6 stuff here soon. the car sits in the garage awaiting money,time, and a garage that can actually be worked in.. but i figure it'll be a project for me to do with my boys as they are growing up.

Forgive me if I dont remeber you, but are you the guy that did motorbike stunts that we bought a stock 2.6 turbo engine from a while back?

Nope.. I dont think i've seen you guys in a good 8 years now.. I drove out there one summer to help another guy pull the motor out of his car... without a cherry picker behind an apartment building lol. We finished then came over to your house and i believe you were just getting started on the first Monturbo. and either just before or just after that i set up a meet out here in Milan Michigan which i suppplied dogs and burgers

Nope.. I dont think i've seen you guys in a good 8 years now.. I drove out there one summer to help another guy pull the motor out of his car... without a cherry picker behind an apartment building lol. We finished then came over to your house and i believe you were just getting started on the first Monturbo. and either just before or just after that i set up a meet out here in Milan Michigan which i suppplied dogs and burgers

Ohh ok I remeber, Miss going to the dragway. Been a while, if i ever get my red star sorted out I want to take it to the track, but this time no slicks I dont want to brake the tranmission or other stuff. You going to engine swap your Car? Whats your plans? If we ever get our cars sorted out and running well maybe we can have another meet sometime been a while in michigan area!