Back in Black

Blue

Good luck with the project. My first Conquest was a 87 Technica. Loved that one, and my wife talked me into trading her car so she could keep it. So it hung with us for 3 more years. My new 87 is a stock TSI and it has more pick up with the intercooler.

My first was an 87 TSi in Atlantic Blue. I had a moment of insanity and traded it for an FC RX-7. And traded that hunk-o-junk for this. I plan to intercool it. :)

So... td05h-16g, 20g, or a 60-1? That is the current question. Seeing as I have to buy a manifold, have a p&p'd head with a nice cam and valve springs... I intend to push 16-18psi daily, and 20 on occasion. Or I might just run 20psi. Remember, I AM going bumper to bumper to make sure EVERYTHING is in excellent condition before this car EVER hits the road. Which also brings into question what fuel injectors to use while staying with the stock tbi setup. Can I run Delphi's on my setup? I have heard contradictory reports on that and have yet to hear anything concrete.

• 2 weeks later...

Car and all parts are probably goimg up for sale

Cant do it anymore after losing my fiancee. You are welcome to inquire about the car or tools through my cell 478.319.9935. Text only please.

Car and all parts are probably goimg up for sale

Cant do it anymore after losing my fiancee. You are welcome to inquire about the car or tools through my cell 478.319.9935. Text only please.

Any big decision based on something that happens because of a girl leaving you will end in regret. Period.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't do it. You were so excited about getting the car now you are gonna let this chick leaving you take that away to? You wont want to hear this because it hurts right now but girls come and go. Plenty more out there.

You would be correct. Now that I'm back on track, machine work begins Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordering parts Saturday. Looks like I will be doing a stock rebuild with a Fidanza flywheel and a BSE. Probably going Cosmo on the suspension, until I can afford D2's.

Going ahead and getting injectors and seals from Brian first since he is leaving the business. Randy, expect an order from me next Saturday morning.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, obviously I have yet to order any parts. The financial noose gets tighter every week, so I'm currently hunting for a more stable job. I will continue ahead with the car as money allows, but my original plan of being done by my birthday in April probably won't happen unless something happens. But this car WILL be completed by the time PF13 rolls around. (I hope)

You would be correct. Now that I'm back on track, machine work begins Saturday.

"You rise, you fall, you're down then you rise again....What don't kill you'll make you more strong!"

-N8

• 2 months later...

Finally getting back on track, I bought the new engine today. Hoping to get it in by next weekend. After that, just need to handle electronics for swapping it to intercooled status, buy the rear end I'm looking at, and redo all the suspension. While the car is torn down for the new motor, I will be combing through ALL of the engine bay wiring, and all of the body grounds, as well as flushing the fuel lines and replacing filters.

But the most expensive singular piece is now out of the way. Shoutout to pancake88 for making that happen!

-James

EDIT: I also have some bodywork to do(as well as reseal the driver side tail). And I'm talking to some guys about reupholstering the interior the factory colors.

Edited by Blue

• 2 months later...

New motor is almost done. For those of you who don't follow on FB, I bought Detruich's red widebody, and pulled the new motor and transmission from the car, as well as various other sundry items. (Don't worry, the red widebody found a good home, although it is back up for sale.) The setup is supposed to have 0 miles, but has a burnt valve from the intial startup, so I'm going to be using my rebuilt head, with all of it's goodies.

I'm going to try a current parts list, and I will be running a factory fuel setup for now, so I will be running stock boost until additional fuel can be provided.

-Hybrid 19c turbo

-fresh bottom end, forged pistons

-fresh head, njv/p&p/banshee cam/schnieder valve springs/arp studs

-intercooled using 2.25" hardpipe kit(welded the stock ic with 2.25" fittings)

-4 puck sprung clutch/hd pressure plate

-s13 almn. radiator

-cosmo coils

-st sways

-xxr 522 16x8 0offset

I'm missing quite a few nit-picky items, but wiring has been cleaned up, all grounds cleaned, and I still have a few more chassis/brake items left to purchase. I also would like to locate an lsd rearend sometime soon, and some front/rear strut tower bars.

It's interesting to note that minus the blown headgasket, everything on this car looks to have been well cared for.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I want this one to last. lol

Edited by Blue