Memphis TN area

drummer030201

What's up everyone?!

Well, I've finished my college flight training, and I'm now an instrument rated commercial pilot! I'm looking to continue my flight training, but in Chicago its expensive as hell. So, I'm looking to move south where I can fly more often and things are much cheaper. Here's and example. The cheapest GOOD flight training up here to get my multi-engine rating is about 5-8 grand. When I went to Memphis back in March, I talked with a GOOD flight instructor that told me I could get my mutli down there for just about 3 grand. Plus I would really like to move out of my parents place and be my own man. However, my job up here is dead, I trained the person that took half my hours, and I've applied for jobs with no avail. I'm currently in process with FedEx for a salaried position in Memphis, and as of right now it would be cheaper for me to move down there rather than to fly/drive and get a hotel room for a night for my interviews. I'm sure most of you that are my friends on Facebook have seen my posts about my demoralizing job hunt and my new search for an apartment/room to rent. Right now I'm willing to take anything to get me by. I'm talking to recruiters, applying on Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed, and Simplyhired to get something going down there while I'm waiting on FedEx.

So, I was just wondering if there were any members down in the Memphis area. I'd also like to ask their opinion on what areas I should stay away from in regards to getting an apartment. Or, a possible long shot, do you, or do you know of anybody, that has a room for rent? I wouldn't care if it's a basement at this point.

Honestly, I'm just tired of waiting for a job to land for me. I've always been a go getter, and I feel it is time for me to stop sitting around and get out there to pursue my goals. I will not sit by idly and watch the world pass me by. It's time for a change.

Not sure why I wanted to post here. I guess because a few of you have known me since I started flying, and everyone here has always been very supportive. It would also be pretty sweet to meet some new faces too.

Take care,

~Muzzy

I've spent a little time in Memphis. Definitely try to stay to the east side on the city. Germantown may be a little pricey, Collierville is decent. Fedex HQ and the airport are kind of south/central, so maybe South haven or olive branch, may be good options for you to look, but they are across the MS state line.

West side of memphis, north memphis, and west memphis arkansas suck.