86 Conquest Technica New Owner

jamison1970

Hello all! I'm Jamie and recently purchased an 86 Technica Conquest. I'm basically a tinkerer and when I saw this car I could not pass it up. I'm going to take some time and get familiar with the site and then I will have questions I'm sure.

post-25318-0-02590500-1349301244_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Thanks everyone I appreciate it. It's tagged as a Dodge. Yes it does talk to you, fasten seat belt, keys in the ingnition. There is a switch in the trunk to turn that stuff off thank goodness. As far as a "good deal" I think so. It still needs a lot of little stuff here and there. Currently in the process of fixing a no start condition, have it down to the controy relay, waiting on parts right now. I just got some new fusable links in today, so I am going to see if I can confirm the voltage supplied to the relay and determine for sure if that part is bad.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. It's tagged as a Dodge. Yes it does talk to you, fasten seat belt, keys in the ingnition. There is a switch in the trunk to turn that stuff off thank goodness. As far as a "good deal" I think so. It still needs a lot of little stuff here and there. Currently in the process of fixing a no start condition, have it down to the controy relay, waiting on parts right now. I just got some new fusable links in today, so I am going to see if I can confirm the voltage supplied to the relay and determine for sure if that part is bad.

Turn it off?? No way I would LOVE that feature in my car, but Im weird and I also love auto seatbelts and every other quirky 80s feature.

Yep. it's a little annoying. Would be cool if I could get it to speak japanese to me.

Japanese would be interesting, maybe get the voice box that came out of a car in japan? I could see it getting pretty annoying, but still pretty dam cool. Welcome to the club btw

OOF, I do love a flatty. Any chance you could post some pics of the trunk, specifically where you turn the voice stuff on and off? You should also take some recordings and post em up :).