super clean 88 starion shp

spcebrd

I have decided to sell my 88 5 speed starion due to an emergency. The car shows like new and runs great. mods are as follows:

*DM ic piping

1g mass

forged engine with 8k miles

arp head studs

*DM alum radiator

exedy performance clutch

rebuilt ps gear box

rebuilt throttle body

new upholstering

new paint

polished 9" rears 8" front wheels

90% tires

suspension techniques springs on tokico struts/shocks

83 hood

big 16g turbo

walbro 255 fuel pump

kenwood head unit

pioneer digital eq/synth

new componet speakers

This engine has never seen above stock boost. I built it to add MPI later on. I recently drove the car to san francisco and back with no issues.

Cons are small oil leak from oil pan and ac needs recharging but can be taken care of if I get asking price. The stereo amp is acting up sometimes.

I have tons of money into this car and would like to get 10k obo. no trades please. if i did not have to, i would not sell it. I have invested too much time and money and hate to see it go.

here are the pics http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/a...rfan2010_2010/

sell my 88 5 speed starion due to an emergency

i hate to say, but even though its an emergency, i dont know what kind of time frame your in, but i dont think you will get 10k fast, if you find someone that will pay that, it will still be hard to get 10k cash right up (unless they have a huge savings, or get approved for a loan)

GLWS

Edited by Skullzaflare

I know its going to be a little difficult but I'm sure someone out there can appreciate a well put together car. I drove it to palm springs today and I had a guy pull up next to me taking video of my car on the fwy. Its things like that that piss me off I have to sell it. gotta do what u gotta do. Thanks

That's one nice car!!!! Are you selling the yellow one it appears in the pictures too?

Thanks guys. Yes yellow one is for sale as well. Taking offers on both now. I want 5k for the yellow one. its the one here..http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=131119.

I know bud....I think I'll be ok if I just sell one of them. Im getting offers for trades plus cash but i don't need another car..

well i'd hate to see you get rid of both of them. here's to hoping you get a good price on just ONE of them!

• 1 month later...

so, it's on ebay ? did you sell the yellow one?

The yellow one sold and it will be on its way to Oregon in a couple of days...I still have the white one. I recently took it to a local auto show to hang out with a friend and after people started coming by taking pictures of it, i entered it into the contest and ended up taking home the trophy for 3rd place 2 door jdm. The car wasn't even very clean. I had not washed it in a few days.

Wow that would make it even harder to sell for me. :(

It is..Its getting the ac charged and the oil pan leak taken care of tomorrow. I am not letting it go for less than 10k. I would not be devastated if no one comes up with the cash. Thinks are looking a little better but the cash would still help. I am even thinking of cleaning it up and entering it into the next show. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

10,000 dollars eh? Is that what a nice one goes for? How much for just the tires? I am looking for a set for my yellow '88 conquest.

Y'all are on the west coast, these cars seem to be priced alot higher there. Here on the east coast they are not bring'n that kinda money. Wish they would, simply raise'n the value of mine, still... even though I purchased my Rio Red 89' SHP w/ 39K orig. some years back when the economy was suited to "all things" going for more money, & I did purchase it for what now would be quite a bit, don't think price would necessarily be a sell'n factor for me & it, her?

Nice car, but in that price structure, there's alot of competion. GLWS :)

Y'all are on the west coast, these cars seem to be priced alot higher there. Here on the east coast they are not bring'n that kinda money. Wish they would, simply raise'n the value of mine, still... even though I purchased my Rio Red 89' SHP w/ 39K orig. some years back when the economy was suited to "all things" going for more money, & I did purchase it for what now would be quite a bit, don't think price would necessarily be a sell'n factor for me & it, her?

Nice car, but in that price structure, there's alot of competion. GLWS :)

I know, i was being slightly sarcastic. Seems like a nice car. I bought his yellow one.

I know, i was being slightly sarcastic. Seems like a nice car. I bought his yellow one.

I was aware of this, just commenting on things, conditions of sale cars lately, the market so to speak. ;)

• 1 month later...