New boost guage

Kenny G

Looking to buy new or slightly used boost guage that will take the place of stock guage. or know where I can get one. Thanks for all the help!

If you're looking for cheap...I got one from Advance. 2" Gauge. Works great! Some may fight against it but it's the best I could do with my budget at the time. $20. They have white and black. I think you can get an identical one at Autozone too. If you're looking for a slightly better one at only about $5-$10 more...I also have a Nitrous brand Boost gauge from Harbor Freight. It's a very appealing gauge and you can even change the color of the gauge between Green, Dark Blue, Red, Yellow, Orange, Pink, and Light Blue. I think their gauges are about $25. You can look em up online I believe. Again...2".

This is the Advance Auto Boost gauge. I chose white to give it the "I have something special under the hood" look! :P

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u398/N1ghtWalker/Starion%20Restoration/385307_2153678324609_1325945629_32015243_899002695_n.jpg

A quick tip...when you install it...if you plan on puting it in the gauge cluster in place of the stock gauge then you'll have to trim out part of the plastic housing and wire film that holds the gauges. It's not big deal, really. I just used an exacto blade. The plastic is soft and the film is easy to cut. just be careful not to cut the ribbon wires. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Charles Palka

Edited by nightwalkerancestery

Also another caution. Be cautious you do enough work for it to sit deep enough it does not hit the pastic cover when reinstalled as it will ware and crack that cover if you leave it stick out a bit.

Thanks Guys for your input.... now I have something to tackle and I don't like going into things blind folded. I guess all I need to know is where and how this guage is connected... I'm thinking somewhere under the hood? I never connected one. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If this has not been done yet and the FAQ hasn't been found...just wanted to add that in order to get the cover away from the gauge face...i simply put I think three washers between the frame and the cover along the four top screws. Haven't had a single problem.

Thanks,

Charles Palka