E36 M3: slow-roasted BBQ

Technology

well, I just said that's the best it ever did. Now it's on low boost, I have 550 miles on my new clutch, getting it to stop leaking, gotta get an alignment, then new brakes, new fuel pump setup, then maybe I'll get NEW dyno numbers. As far as how they translate on the street, I was dead even with a C6 vette (not sure of his mods, but at most an exhaust/intake/tune) a week ago. All the racing is Friday nights and I always work Saturdays.

• 2 months later...

A while back I walked 2 e36 m3's with the 12a, 14psi and 2.5" exhaust. They weren't very impressive. As mentioned the s52 in the e36 m3's and even the non m m52 are pretty wicked with boost. The bottom ends will take a ton of power before breaking. It's always fun to kill a M car. And that's coming from an M owner! Nice kill.

Shawn

E36 M3 was from 1995-1999, the E46 M3 was from 2001-2006. I have an E46 M3. 450+ hp and tq the M3 has no chances, except for top end. Stock, de-limited they will do 170+. They are also sub 5 sec 0-60 and there are a few guys running stock that are sub-13 sec 1/4 mile. All in all impressive for a car that only makes 333 hp and 262 tq and weights 3400lbs. Stock on the dyno between 268-285 rwhp. Modded without boosting 315-320 rwhp is the limit without cracking open then engine. It's not a drag or straight line car by any means. The car handles insanely! Mine is my DD, and it a perfect DD. I couldn't DD the Starion after having the M3 as my DD. It's an all around fun car. Pretty fast will all the mods, and just a great car to drive. One the other hand, the Starion is nothing but a brute and that's rather fun too. I'm curios to you see run a boosted M3. There are many stg1 SC's that are putting down the same hp as you with less torque. There's also 2 companies making turbo kits now for the E46 M3. They are rather nasty.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Twin cities, and it's ultra late at night sometimes, or I meet someone who knows someone with this or that car. It used to be wild back like 5 years ago. we'd go power cruising with like 30 cars and all of them were way faster than me.

Also, I see you're in Minnesota too. Buy my car! :)