Just Bought My Son an '88

NikoFab

Of course I bought it for him...I've already got one for me. He is light years beyond his age. And he's doing most of the work, albeit with my help of course. That way he'll appreciate it more and take better care of his investment. Plus, if he can work on and maintain this thing, he can pretty much do anything.

Sounds like a good kid and you know better than all of us so yeah.

Good luck

Sounds like a good kid and you know better than all of us so yeah.

Good luck

yeah he really is a good kid...looks like a saint compared to me at that age. just had his first date the other day. he took her to the movies...mom (my wife) and sister went to a different movie the next theater over...LOL! he told me they held hands during the movie and he was going to kiss her on the cheek in the lobby afterward but mom "appeared out of nowhere." I told my wife she ****-blocked him...baawawawawawa

Edited by Nikolaya

Lol! now that's what i'm talking about!

Yeah well sadly that was the car I restored from 14 to 16 drove it 3 times and my dad took it out one night, raced a vet and racked it around a poll. LItterly tocoed the car, the trans stopped the poll.

Yeah well sadly that was the car I restored from 14 to 16 drove it 3 times and my dad took it out one night, raced a vet and racked it around a poll. LItterly tocoed the car, the trans stopped the poll.

ouch!

I had a turbo car at 16, was hella fun. 200sx turbo, it was the car I got clocked in at 125+ by CHiPS! lol I had a modified mustang 5.0 before that, drove it one week, gave the keys back to my dad before I could kill myself in that thing!

He'll be fine with a StarQuest. I gave my 16 year old daughter my StarQuest as her first car. She's been good with it and she's in a city that gets a ton of rain and even some snow on her commute back to Los Angeles in the winter.

It went to a Very Good Home!..Nick was one of the nicest cats ive met in a long time...I put it on CL and was getting some of the strangest replys...So i thought why not SQC?...I know its in good Hands and will see the road once again...And on top of that..Im starting Houston Starquest club right here in houston....It will be there when your son is of age to drive and here now when you need it the most...

It went to a Very Good Home!..Nick was one of the nicest cats ive met in a long time...I put it on CL and was getting some of the strangest replys...So i thought why not SQC?...I know its in good Hands and will see the road once again...And on top of that..Im starting Houston Starquest club right here in houston....It will be there when your son is of age to drive and here now when you need it the most...

thanks for the compliment John...I'll slip you that ten spot later!

hope to hear from all you guys in h-town. be sure to hit up the new group John is putting together!

Ok so we got the new/old '88 home and in the drive...and so it begins. Doing a progressive inventory so we can establish what we need...but for the moment I'm just enjoying seeing two of them in my driveway.

BTW, thanks for all the great replies to the thread...my son thinks you guys are the coolest.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Nikolaya77498/IMG_1494-3.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Nikolaya77498/IMG_1492-3.jpg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Nikolaya77498/IMG_1493-3.jpg

Edited by Nikolaya

Hot and dry. Boring for storm chasing, LOL.

I hope you guys like that car....while it does have some issues, it's a pretty honest car through and through.

Tim

no probably not the weather you want. you should come back down here...i've seen two near-funnels in the last week!

and the car is in great shape for what John let me have it for. very happy with the purchase, and meeting John was a great bonus

BTW, thanks for all the great replies to the thread...my son thinks you guys are the coolest.

yeah well just make sure he knows this pack can turn on you quick if he trashes the car out and then wants to "part it out" ;)

I'm getting the feeling he's not going to be like that though.

yeah well just make sure he knows this pack can turn on you quick if he trashes the car out and then wants to "part it out" ;)

I'm getting the feeling he's not going to be like that though.

i think he's going to do a great job on it and take very good care of it. he has an appreciation of the process and what it means to own a classic.

I wish my dad helped me buy a project car at 15! As long as your son does work on the car and feels invested he wont be crashing it, I get urges to do stupid things in my SQ but they usually fall off because I love it too much.

I wish my dad helped me buy a project car at 15! As long as your son does work on the car and feels invested he wont be crashing it, I get urges to do stupid things in my SQ but they usually fall off because I love it too much.

LOL, it's funny how that works eh? When you put in the work, you seem to be a little bit smarter about things!

Beautiful car. I will someday own a San Marino. Until then....I shall be rocking the Sarajevo.

would have never thought i'd be able to track one down...let alone have one fall in my lap. very happy about it though!