White is nice...

Lance_S

You know, I have never been a fan of white cars. I just don't like them, they don't look very good to me. But the pic of the white quest with the cowl hood in white is on point. I have been kicking around the idea of painting my car over the winter and always thought I would go with black or Grigio grey but man, that white is tempting. With smoked windows, lowered and black accents the thing just looks mean.

What do you think....

wait till you see Gregs new car............ it is HOOOOOOT..... 88 starion,,,,,,white with tan cloth interior......... smokin

Me personally, I like black on muscle cars with chrome bumpers and stainless moldings. With imports you don't get the color coordination because it is black on black. The colors I like on imports are silver, grey, satin silver, satin grey. I never cared for blue until I bought a few quests. Now I think I'm going to paint my third quest Atlantic Blue. It was a toss up between Figi or Atlantic blue. White looks good but I wouldn't intentionally paint a car white.

I'd deffinately rather have white than black, but mostly because black is so hard to keep clean, and is no fun in 100+ heat like we have here in south TX.

IMO, a pearl white car with blacked out windows, lights, and wheel centers is about the cleanest look out there. It also hides minor dings and scratches better than black and many other colors.

I really like white my first one was black then I saw my white one and had to have it the guy wasn't even trying to sell it but I had to have it and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, I've had her for 9 years now lol

I'd deffinately rather have white than black, but mostly because black is so hard to keep clean, and is no fun in 100+ heat like we have here in south TX.

IMO, a pearl white car with blacked out windows, lights, and wheel centers is about the cleanest look out there. It also hides minor dings and scratches better than black and many other colors.

Dammit Mark...I was almost commited to painting mine black...now reconsidering! :blink:

Didn't notice you were in Seguin...you're right down the road. And my compliments...just read your thread on the shop you built...very nice. It has me drooling.

By the way...I'm starting to do more work in waterborne. I've noticed that it lays down really nice, but you don't really see the true color until it has cured. As such, do you know...are the paint codes for (for our cars in particular) waterborne adjusted to account for that? I'll tell you the last waterborne I did for a guy scared the crap out of me for a bit!

Dammit Mark...I was almost commited to painting mine black...now reconsidering! :blink:

Didn't notice you were in Seguin...you're right down the road. And my compliments...just read your thread on the shop you built...very nice. It has me drooling.

By the way...I'm starting to do more work in waterborne. I've noticed that it lays down really nice, but you don't really see the true color until it has cured. As such, do you know...are the paint codes for (for our cars in particular) waterborne adjusted to account for that? I'll tell you the last waterborne I did for a guy scared the crap out of me for a bit!

Yeah, I am right down the road- I-10. I'm actually about a mile off I-10 at exit 600. Thanks for the compliment on the shop- It is a dream come true for me, and keeps me drooling all the time. Now, if this heat would tone down a bit, I could actually get out there and enjoy it.

I do believe that the waterborne colors are adjusted per factory paint code. Similar to how base/clear colors are made to match single stage paints put on cars at the factory. You should be able to get a waterborne color mixed to code and after spraying and clearing it should match up well. Well, it will match OK if your car's 20 year old paint is in good shape and not faded, but you're gonna have that with about any kind of automotive paint. I would assume there's ways to tint it to help match like with solvent based paints, but that stuff looks so funky, it would be hard to tell if it was being tinted properly.

I personally have only sprayed waterborne a couple of times when I went for my PPG certifications, and it is very wierd to spray after using urethanes for the past 20 years. I will avoid that stuff like the plauge until it becomes mandate and all the solvent based paints go the way of the dinosaurs. Then, I'll probably buy up all the NOS solvent based stuff I can, and hope it's enough to last the rest of my life LOL.

I fear change!

Edited by Burton
  • Like 1

I agree, white is just great on these cars, but SM yellow is killer. I love how the white fixes all mistakes as well as show off all the curves. Like you cant see the runs on my fenders till your looking for them. But I have an idea for the color I'm gonna have it painted.

http://www.asphalte.ch/Auto/Porsche-911-Carrera-S-Type-991-2/Porsche-911-Carrera-S-Type-991-03.jpg

I love that color. Alot of porsches' colors are AWESOME but they just don't have a great looking car like the starquest to show them off ;)