2JZ GTE questions

BamaDave

Guys please don’t flame me as I haven’t read the countless threads on swapping in the 2J. I’m a MkIV owner for many years and have a few questions if you don’t mind! I have a low mileage 2JZ GTE and A340E and have been thinking about locating a nice auto Starquest to place the motor and tranny in. I have searched the A340E and have not been successful in locating any threads and wondering if anyone is using it? Also, are many folks running a factory MkIV ECT with piggy backs like a VPC/GGC combinations?

There havn't been any (finished) on this forum with the a340 but I know that doesn't mean its not out there. Also everyone has the JDM Map based aristo engines.

Most guys running Apexi piggy backs.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys please don’t flame me as I haven’t read the countless threads on swapping in the 2J. I’m a MkIV owner for many years and have a few questions if you don’t mind! I have a low mileage 2JZ GTE and A340E and have been thinking about locating a nice auto Starquest to place the motor and tranny in. I have searched the A340E and have not been successful in locating any threads and wondering if anyone is using it? Also, are many folks running a factory MkIV ECT with piggy backs like a VPC/GGC combinations?

Been AWOL for awhile on other projects. I have the 2JZGTE w/Auto in my 89 Conquest Automatic body. Fit very nicely. I am not finished.... wonder if I will ever make it. But it fits fine. Need to sort out the shifter and the damned wiring...