Intake on ebay

My opinion on the performance difference:

The magna intake was designed on a non turbocharger non performance car. So maxboost's intake should be a much better intake for straight performance. I have no factual data to back that up other than if maxboost did his research it should be a much better intake in general for our cars than the magna.

They are better than the magna

Shorter runners with a larger plenum

Out of curiosity what does that do for it?

I do not have technical understanding, but my thoughts are:

* You need 1.5x the air needed to fill the cylinders for max efficiency. Anything bigger is just wasted space.

* Runners on the intake are really nothing more than added plenum air room and being the air is never not full or void in the intake I can't imagine that would make a difference.

* Provided you don't have heat soak, longer runners could provide cooler air to the engine.

* It looks like that is aluminum and would heat up quicker than a magna (heat soak) so that could very well be a downfall of the system.

Just my thoughts so if you smarter car guys could edumacate me with more technical detail I would appreciate it. :)

Edited by Skippy

You're right about the intake being 1.5 x cylinders but that is for runners included, not just the plenum I believe.

So it we use short runners we need to increase the size of the plenum to make up for it.

Shorter runners are for top end torque and long runners are for low end torque.

An intake with long, skinny runners, the mass of the air moving along the runner has enough momentum to keep entering the cylinder even while the valve is beginning to close giving it a ram air effect. This doesn't happen until higher RPMs with an intake with short runners.

Another benefit is that the runners are straight, making the intake 180 degrees rather than the 90 degree bend that the magna has.

As for being aluminum, what do you think the magna intake is made from?

• 2 weeks later...

My friend eddy Rivera from ultimate transmissions runs the same intake on his car. He's got it set up @ 60psi!

Most likely the one of the fastest starquest around.

• 3 weeks later...