SQC Calendars 2013

Frenchi934

Alright guys. Its that time again. and i'm collecting photos for next years calendar!

Send me the full size photo in a PM

Taking submissions until October, so no rush.

If you haven't already, check out last years to get a feel for the group purchase and what kind of photos I'm looking for.

BEFORE SUBMITTING: Skim this thread and check these links:

SQC Calendar 2012 thread (for examples of what made the cut last year)

Car pictures do's and donts

A few things for this years:

Remember that this is a Calendar photo.... So the scenery, artistic value, quality and lighting of the photo are much more important than the car thats in the photo.

Don't caption your own photos. If I chose your photo, ill get with you about the caption and we'll make sure it works for you as well as is cohesive with the rest of the photos in the calendar.

EVENT PLANNERS. Id love to get some tentative dates for meets (VEGAS, PF, BRANSON, etc) and throw those in the calendar! Shoot me dates whenever, but ill have to confirm with you around november anyways before printing.

and last but not least....

If your photo is less than 1600 by 1200 pixels, I can't use the photo no matter how good it is... sorry :(

If you don't know or understand digital image sizing heres a quick explanation i found on the calendar printers website:

(see first post)

Pricing should be very similar if not the same as last years. Again, noone will be required to prepay.

Edited by Frenchi934

What is resolution?

Resolution determines the maximum size at which an image can be printed while retaining quality. The higher the resolution, the better the print quality. We recommend a resolution of 300 PPI (pixels per inch) at the dimensions your image will be printed. If your image resolution is lower than 300 PPI, your image may look jagged or grainy when printed.

How do I get sufficient resolution?

The resolution of digital images is determined at the time the picture is taken. To achieve sufficient resolution for one of our photo upload products, you’ll need at least a 2 Megapixel camera set to the highest resolution (a 1600 x 1200 pixel setting is perfect).

How does cropping affect resolution?

Be careful when cropping a photo after it is taken. Cropping will reduce the number of pixels (and thus, the resolution) in the final image. For example, if you had a 300 PPI image, but cropped it to half its physical size, you’d end up with a 150 PPI image

I only have 2 pictures that fulfill the size requirements but I'll toss them out there anyway. I have the high-res ones available on my computer should you need it but I'll post up the links so you have them on file just in case.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/polarisman14/StarQuest/conquest1-2.jpg

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/polarisman14/StarQuest/conquest2-2.jpg

polaris nice tsi

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af306/PROTOGENETIC2/gembu.jpg

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af306/PROTOGENETIC2/gembu3.jpg

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af306/PROTOGENETIC2/gembu2.jpg

Edited by prototype78

Thanks Prototype, believe it or not it's actually an 89 Starion, the hidden VINs were verified as such when it was impounded by NY state and almost crushed a couple years ago under prior ownership. I'm bringing it back from the dead and mine is currently being painted too--I'll make sure to take plenty of good pictures.

There will be a fall cruise that I'll be going on and that car is going to produce a calendar photo for y'all. Can't have fresh paint, supras and other high end cars, and foliage and not come out with a couple good photos. :)

• 3 months later...
Me and Adam/Vegasstarquest will hook you up soon man , i'm in the middle of moving to a new house just now and slammed on the work front , we'll have something VERY special for your calender real soon. :)

Me and Adam/Vegasstarquest will hook you up soon man , i'm in the middle of moving to a new house just now and slammed on the work front , we'll have something VERY special for your calender real soon. :)

Word. Be worth the wait!

Colin B)

Hey T... I'm definitely in for (2) calendars this year. Please checkout our run on July 7th @ the "Tail." Some decent shots there, another "full line" shot as in last year. Both KillBoy/Us129Photos... if memory serves me: Either 12-2pm/ & the next time frame coming down, & 11-2pm (other site) & the next time coming down. Killboy: #'s 680's - 770's? / 1180's - 1270's. US129: #'s 470's - 540's, 1690's - 1860's. Hope this helps? Also some good meet shots already posted of PF12. Thanx for all you do dude, we missed you this year.
  • Like 1

Can we assume that all of 2012's cars will not be repeated in 2013 no matter what changes have been made to them?

I am certainly down to buy calendars again, but I don't want to see the same cars as what's in my 2012 calendar.

Edited by MotoCam360

Can we assume that all of 2012's cars will not be repeated in 2013 no matter what changes have been made to them?

I am certainly down to buy calendars again, but I don't want to see the same cars as what's in my 2012 calendar.

LOL... you could buy a mustang calendar, so you wouldn't see any Starions or Conquests in the pictures!!

-Robert

It really depends on the picture.

Im going to put the 12 most varied but good pictures in the calendar. The more submissions, the better the chances are that there wont be repeats.

The inherent problem here is that people like john and jason who put so much work into their cars, also end up with the best pictures.

In short. Im going to try not to have repeats, but im not going to put sub-par pictures in the calendar to avoid it.

I agree it's likely a balancing act, as if you automatically rule out ones that have been featured before then the 2015 calendar might look pretty uninspiring, yet having the same ones over and over can be redundant. Group pictures will help, which is part of the plan, I think. I bet people with cars that are not top notch in restoration could make the calendar with some creativity in the photo-shoot, as well. For example:

http://www.junkcarprice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/03.jpg

Definately a junk car, yet there is an asthetic appeal to the picture :)

Just random thoughts. Final word is Frenchi's, as he is the one doing the work!

Best looking cars in the best taken photographs should be in...why else spend the money on it? Of course this means mine might not be in it...but quite frankly I like looking at Robert's more than mine right now...in fact it's my wallpaper on my PC

Now that my car is painted it's a legitimate candidate...Provided the engine isn't trashed I can shine it up and take some nice pictures of it but as of now it can only roll up and on to a trailer and go on a lift. Doesn't help too much :P