Shuts off as it warms up

Ben's 87

New coil and plugs, new fuel pump and clean gas, still wont run for any length of time. Cranks ok, runs ok at first then sputters and quits.

Any ideas?

Thanks Ben

What is your Fuel Pressure reading at Idle? Primary Fuel Injector problems? New Fuel Filters? There are five of them: In-tank pick up filter,One prior to the Fuel Pump inlet,One under the hood and two screen filters on each of the fuel injectors.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Sorry to just now respond, lots of overtime. It's an 87, had the tank cleaned, new screen in tank, aftermarket fuel filter before pump, new pump, (no oem cone now) new fuel filter, new tb rebuild kit, new lifters, new coil and plugs. (no screens above fuel injectors???)

I've never checked the the fuel psi, but it will shoot out a strong stream of gas.

Have a little top end noise, jet valves I think. (never truly adjusted them after replacing lifters) Car will crank and idle pretty good, but when it starts to warm up it dies.

Also, at no point can you punch the gas. Boggs down bad.

EGR tube is blocked off, but I haven't installed the block off plate and eleminated associated vac lines yet.

I've had the car for almost a year now, but have only been able to really work on it these last few months. before that it sat up neglected for years. Some of the wiring looks pretty nasty. The body is awesome though, and I really want to see it on the road this summer. Be it this motor or a swap.

Thanks guys,

Ben