MOD 2012 (SoCal)

They used to place us at the random car section, it was the StarQuest section. But as the numbers dwindled to nearly non existent, they slapped us on that section in the pic.

Most SQ's I ever saw at MOD were about two dozen. That's nothing, I know there are alot more in SoCal.

I'll be surprised if more than a dozen make it this year. We will see.

A couple years in a row the Starions were placed where the Van's Skate Park Thing is

because we were the first "Flag Ship" vehicle for Mitsubishi

(But that was before they cut the trees down in the parking areas)

sorry lou you were late those two years

But I should mention in the labled aerial parking map, the Starions are now placed in where the red outlines are,

not where the lable "Starions" is placed, that is were the port-a-pottys are located, but somehow the event planners leave space inbetween the commodes for late arrivals.

That was quite a step in one years time, from showcase to lowcase.

Maybe the model has been given the new distiction of being the

"Commodore" (commode/door) of the Mitsubish line.

Another Jappanese/English language misinterpetation?

Just a friendly reminder to remember to lock your vehicle if your fortunate enough to park in those exclusive spots.

Or see if we could reserve some extra room for trailer spaces j/k

haha that might work. maybe we could pretend to be a vendor. just sell some clothes pins or something to make it technically legit.

The vehicle carrier type not the type some live/camp in... :huh:

So if the car is too nice or not street legal, modified/broken etc ;)

It could up the attendence numbers,

But then it would take up the needed commode area and the event planners need those close by.

Who should be contacted if a member wanted to be in the Dyno Challenge?

A couple years in a row the Starions were placed where the Van's Skate Park Thing is

because we were the first "Flag Ship" vehicle for Mitsubishi

(But that was before they cut the trees down in the parking areas)

sorry lou you were late those two years

But I should mention in the labled aerial parking map, the Starions are now placed in where the red outlines are,

not where the lable "Starions" is placed, that is were the port-a-pottys are located, but somehow the event planners leave space inbetween the commodes for late arrivals.

That was quite a step in one years time, from showcase to lowcase.

Maybe the model has been given the new distiction of being the

"Commodore" (commode/door) of the Mitsubish line.

Another Jappanese/English language misinterpetation?

Just a friendly reminder to remember to lock your vehicle if your fortunate enough to park in those exclusive spots.

I've missed it the last three years. Im talking waaay back.

Who should be contacted if a member wanted to be in the Dyno Challenge?

im not sure. i thought you just lined your car up if you wanted to do it.

just got home from work so ill ask my dad to ask when he goes in to work tomorrow morning

Edited by hachi_destroyer

• 2 weeks later...
I still hope to make this gig , work has really picked up lately and making the mighty dollar is number 1 priority , if i do i'll be rolling 8 cylinders , keeping the "bling mobile" clean for the JCCS in September . :)

So I'm here in Sunnyvale. Who is coming from the bay area that i can roll with? I don't mind the early drive so we can make it there early to get a good spot. I'll be driving the auto this time and leaving the fiji home....or will i? lol

congratulations to stallionproject86 on getting 3rd place in the MOD t-shirt design contest!!

Just saw this thanks man, and It was actually second! I thought it was third at first as well but then I got emailed and sure enough runner up is what I got. Anyway who you going with man? Or you just driving out solo. ?

the fiji is too pretty to leave home.

Yeah i know but the AC is determining the car i take. If the weather looks like it's not going to be hot then it will be the white car.....if it's cool then i'll take the fiji. There is no fee for this event, right? All in all what time is everyone meeting? I want to make sure i'm there with everyone.

Edited by alp247

Yeah i know but the AC is determining the car i take. If the weather looks like it's not going to be hot then it will be the white car.....if it's cool then i'll take the fiji. There is no fee for this event, right? All in all what time is everyone meeting? I want to make sure i'm there with everyone.

there is no fee for this meet. it looks like its going to be nice this weekend high of 82 and low of 66 with 0% chance of rain.

im going to try and be there at 530 or 6am to make sure one of us can at least designate some parking spots for us. i dont remember what time they let us into the lot but i think its seven?