piggy back computer aem fic 6

noshow

i have an 89 tsi with a 50 trim at 25psi, i have the maft setup but have not been able to get a good tune on it, so i tried to hook up an AEM fic6 and after i hooked it up and started the car as soon as i hit the throttle it dies. has anyone tried running this piggy back?

A guy by the name of Chrisviper was going to try one on a customer car, but i never heard another word about till the unit was put up for sale a couple of mounts later.

A quick look at the literature says the fic-6 does not support a Frequency Based Flow Meter . So what were you using for an air flow meter? or can it do full speed density? And how many and what size injectors?

Our maf or mas is a frequency type. So you would need the fic8 and use the maft / gm maf to send the air flow signal to it.

Is the 50 trim turbo a name brand or china knock off?

Your first problem is you were trying to run to much boost on stock size injectors. So you would have to up size the injectors, which opens up another can of worms.

In the long run it would be better to talk to scott87star about one of his tbi ms ecu's. He does email tuning for his customers.

Edited by StarquestRescue

You had about 10psi boost pushing against the fuel trying to come in. You're lucky so far. That stock FPR stopped adding fuel about 16psi. If your translator is using the stock MAF it must not be in one of those cone filters, there's not enough room for the air to flow correctly.

no just the maft, the fic 6 as soon as i hit the gas it died, so i sold it, but now when im in boost its like cutting out so i dont know if my ignition is doing that or what

The next step is typically a msd type ignition. A 6al with a rev limiter is a big help keeping the fire lit under boost and through the rich dips that cannot be tuned out.

You need to describe when and what is happening much better.

it just happens when im in boost, and it just happens for a split second, its not popping it just feels like like the boost stops but my boost gauge doesnt move and my afr's are just fine