My car did the impossible today

apedog

So the other day I was tuning my car for a little and then went back home. Go out and try to start it after a while, and it barely even runs, wont boost or anything. (Ive bent valves before so I knew what was going on) So I take the cover off to check the timing marks and what do you know the timing belt jumped 4 teeth! Also found out my timing tensioner pulley bolt was loose so it wasnt providing any tension to the belt :(

Now I thought it was weird that it jumped 4 teeth so I decided to put the timing belt back on and make sure that bolt didnt come loose. And what do you know the car starts right up! No bent valves or anything! I was like whaaaaaaaaaat how is that even possible. Car runs perfectly fine like nothing even happened :P

That's a DSM for ya. I recall having an intake cam off by 4 teeth mysteriously on my GS-X once ... Never figured it out.

Yeah timing belts on these are a little tricky at first but once you do it about say 5 times you get the hang of it lol In my opinion they should have just went with a timing chain like the quests