Clutch problems ....again

jetmech

Came back from an assignment and I'm still having the same problem as before. Which is that the clutch does not fully engage. Replace the master and slave cylinder and nothing bleeded over and over again and nothing. Gravity bleeded still nothing. So I kind got frustrated and left it in my garag for a couple months. Anyway, I am back so I got on more thing to try that is putting a slightly longer slave rod so it pushes a little further in the fork and the bearing. I haven't done it yet I want some opinions about it. The tranny feels very hard to shift and reverse won't go in unless I kinda put in halfway 4th to slow down the engine and them immediate slam to reverse so it doesn't grind. I don't know this is pissing me off I kind of want to go V8 because of this but I'm holding off I have to much money in that engine completely built for performance. Over size valves over size bore, pistons I kind of forgot the specs because of the time away I spend but well over 3000 dollars in upgrades, parts and machining. Anyho a little advice I'm lost

Did that. Was not the cause of the problem but I replace the whole master and arm assembly and had my pedal drill a bit bigger for a new home depot pin. I'm so in the dark with this. A friend suggested getting a longer slave rod from 2g eclipse. They sell one for when they upgrade to a high performance ACT clutch so I was thinking of that Edited by jetmech

I might have a similar problem, with all good pedal parts, new master and slave for the clutch, yet it still doesn't disengage (from what I'm told by the car's babysitter). What he suggested is that the clutch fork and/or pivot ball for the clutch fork are worn where they meet. If the fork is worn down in that spot, it won't go out far enough and won't disengage the clutch.