New here and about to be the owner of an 87 quest

350TPI

I live in mississippi and am driving tonight to atlanta to see an 87 conquest.The engine has been rebuilt and has about 9000 miles on it.It has the wiseco pistons and race prepped rods.The balance shafts have been eliminated and it has non jet heads.The interior is like new and the car looks beautiful in the pics.If its all the owner says it is i will be driving back tomorrow afternoon in the rain more than likely.Wish me luck!!

Welcome 350TPI,

There are several StarQuesters in the Atlanta area. (Not to volunteer anyone, but...) If you ask nice and buy someone lunch or something, you may get someone to take a look at the car with you. A lot of our members have years of experience and tons of knowledge on the startqeusts.

Well i thought i would update this.After 10 hours and 650 miles on the road i couldnt have been more disappointed in this POS i went and looked at.The motor knocked and it broke up and sputtered at 3/4 throttle.It was a little faster then my 98 corolla.He told me it had 260 horsepower.The paint was all touched up and dinged BUT the interior was perfect.I guess $4k doesnt buy a decent starquest??

$4000 will buy you a great starquest.... just not that one! First one I looked at was advertised for $1800, and I drove 500 miles (round trip) to look at it... it was a rusted out POS and I didn't purchase.

I almost purchased from a member here screen name coke... but I didn't quite have enough money on hand to purchase his. If you have cash in hand check out his car in the for sale section. His car is in great running condition, looks great and is at a rock bottom price for what he is selling.

I ended up purchasing from another member here (Indiana).

If you don't like any of the cars in the for sale section here, when you do find another prospective purchase see if a member of the boards lives near the car you want to buy and ask if they are willing to check it out for you before you drive halfway across the country just to be disappointed again.

Good luck, and don't give up!

Keith

Yeah, definitely see if people here might volunteer to help! I actually started a thread last week because I too was going to look at this exact car! I got a few different people who volunteered to look at it. However, the seller then told me that you were coming before I was to arrive, so I backed out.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126969

Yeah, definitely see if people here might volunteer to help! I actually started a thread last week because I too was going to look at this exact car! I got a few different people who volunteered to look at it. However, the seller then told me that you were coming before I was to arrive, so I backed out.

http://www.starquest...howtopic=126969

WOW,really?I have been emailing this guy since november and he had all of that time to tell me everything about this car.Since we never talked on the phone i think he thought i was a young kid because when i went to the door his mouth dropped(I am 39).Then all of the problems started coming out.He didnt actually have the motor rebuilt,but he THINKS the guy he bought it from did.I mean why not tell me everything to save me the hassle not to mention the money i spent on gas,hotel room,food,etc.I will keep looking for one but since that was the 1st starquest i had seen in 15-20 years it isnt likely to happen.Thanks for all of the comments.

350TPI, like others said, if you have $4K to spend, you really really need to look at Coke's 86 Flatty -> http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125309

I actually really want to buy the car, but $3500 is a bit out of my budget. BTW, I know it says $2500, but that would only be if he de-modded the car and he really doesn't want to do that. For $3500, it looks like a sweetheart of a deal.

I hope I get to join you in Starquest ownership soon. Good luck!