Ignition fuse?

Soopaquest87

Ok so i installed a radio and turned car on and all then started and as soon as it started it died and i pulled radio out and there was a wire touching it that i assume is not supposed to ground out. Everything works exept anything that has to do with the ignition, no start, no power to anything that is supposed to get it when key is turned so i am wondering where the ignition fuse is located?

All you need is the wiring diagram and a volt meter, the pigtail hangs down out near the bottom of the steering column. To get to the switch you have to remove that knee pad and usually you need an impact driver those soft crap machine screws they use are hard to get out and they just chew up and are down in a hole on each side. At least smack your screw driver a few times with a hammer that might loosen them up.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM006067.JPG

Download Volume no.2 of the Factory Service Manual. That deals with 1987 Electronics in a seperate book.88/89s have a different Electronics section (see here: http://www.starquestgarage.com Look in Section 26 on the 88/89 models).Guys, It is really hard to give you help when you don't list the year of your car ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

It an 87 and as much problems as im having out of it im selling it cause its so rigged it aint even funny. I found a blue wire with white line that has been cut where the radio goes and if i touch it to the constant power wire I have power to the ignition but cant start it. I some how got it started and it ran til i turned it off. I have the guy that had it before the ricer kid got it to come take a look and see if he can find the problem. Its just a pain in the rear when doing this electric crap thats why i like old cars very little wiring compared to these. Im just ready to get the thing running radio in and its getting sold.

It an 87 and as much problems as im having out of it im selling it cause its so rigged it aint even funny. I found a blue wire with white line that has been cut where the radio goes and if i touch it to the constant power wire I have power to the ignition but cant start it. I some how got it started and it ran til i turned it off. I have the guy that had it before the ricer kid got it to come take a look and see if he can find the problem. Its just a pain in the rear when doing this electric crap thats why i like old cars very little wiring compared to these. Im just ready to get the thing running radio in and its getting sold.

Don't give up so easy. Once you have the FSM, it will show you where everything goes. Yea, some privious owner most likely "MICKEY MOUSED" things. But that doesn't mean that you can't straighten them out.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308