brake fluid leaking

miamipops

Installed new master cylinder and new brake hoses in all four corners. I have bled the brakes several times. i keep loosing fluid somehow. I parked the car in my garage and did not see any fluid leaking. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? When the reservoir gets low and the pedal is mushy I bleed them brake lines and the pedal is firm for a couple of days. I am really stumped on this issue.

Installed new master cylinder and new brake hoses in all four corners. I have bled the brakes several times. i keep loosing fluid somehow. I parked the car in my garage and did not see any fluid leaking. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? When the reservoir gets low and the pedal is mushy I bleed them brake lines and the pedal is firm for a couple of days. I am really stumped on this issue.

its possible you got a defective master, unbolt it from the booster, it may be leaking into the master

Edited by Skullzaflare

CHeck the barrels of wheels for wettness. My passenger rear caliper is currently leaking and the inside of the wheel is collectingthe fluid. Also check the T-block that splits the fluid to the rear brakes.

CHeck the barrels of wheels for wettness. My passenger rear caliper is currently leaking and the inside of the wheel is collectingthe fluid. Also check the T-block that splits the fluid to the rear brakes.

the T-block you refer to is the porportionning valve?

The T-Blocks are just another place to look for leaks. One is on the firewall just down and toward engine from the master cylinder. The other is mounted to the body (if I remember correctly), just above the driver's side of the rear diff area where the fuel and brake lines are routed. You can't miss them if you simply follow the lines from the rear brakes.

So, you should be able to see where the fulid is going and find your culprit, but if there is no sign of fluid, it is most likely air in the lines from an improper bleed job. It is possible the fluid is filling the power brake booster can, but unlikely.

You must have either a power bleeder, or two people and a half hour to properly bleed the brakes. Start with the right rear, left rear, right front, left front. Do the sequence at least twice with one person pumping for several pumps or until it pressurizes the system where the pedal stops above the floor. Then the other person loosens the bleeder valve, waits for fluid to squirt, then tightens it again. All the while checking the reservoir and making sure it never goes empty. if it does, start over unti all wheels are done and a tight pedal is felt with minimal effort.

It could be going into the brake booster (the big ugly black thing) that the master cylinder is attached to if the new master cylinder is bad. Check under the carpet on the inside under the brake pedal. Believe it or not, I had brake fluid coming through the brake booster, into the car.