88 white

303starion

Not to blow it, anyone can blow a motor at any given time due to a backfire, detonation or something. It takes a lot of neglect to SEIZE it!

Take our advice, something is up. You don't seize without some catastrophic signs first. The only way for a motor to seize without any noise is if water got in and sat there until it seized on its own. You'll notice a major lack of power along with 50 other signs of damage before itll seize like that. Like I said, there was neglect of temperature and noise before hand.

Talk to your cousin and ask him the details and report back to us. Let's see if his story pieces together correctly.

I asked if it made noises before dying, he says, Nope just felt weaker then just died. I'm pretty sure its just because of the leaking. I dont think anything else happened to it

Asked what color, clear or oil colored?

He said, It looked a little more clear than oil. Idk what it was but it was from the blue piping that goes to the intercooler

I asked if it made noises before dying, he says, Nope just felt weaker then just died. I'm pretty sure its just because of the leaking. I dont think anything else happened to it

Asked what color, clear or oil colored?

He said, It looked a little more clear than oil. Idk what it was but it was from the blue piping that goes to the intercooler

....probably had Zero oil pressure if it was clear than maybe previous owner put lucas in it before you bought it as to cover up major problems. If it is "seized" I wonder what condition the oil pump is in....

Edited by Spooled_Starion

Pick n Pull on 66th and broadway has a complete 89 engine in it... Its black and in the Chrysler section of the lot... I think 300 is what they want...

Oh damn! That's close enough! Aww wonder of the running condition

Edited by 303starion

Awsome. Going to take a look around. Isn't that the eclipse motor?

4g63 is eclipse/talon/laser motor DOHC 2.0 some turbo some non. 4G64 is a SOHC 2.4 non turbo. When I was in the dsm world I would have loved a 4G64 block with 4G63 head and starquest drivetrain!! Instant 300hp with gobs of torque from the bigger bottom end. Good luck finding a 4G64 block, almost as rare as a shp starion lol there is one in a galant here in Oregon at the pick and pull for $400 in "unknown" condition.

Edited by Spooled_Starion

So here it is, a hose from the turbo going to the engine gave way and all the oil was dumped into the motor. Checking the hose now, and non of them were replaced when the engine was rebuilt. It's seized for sure. Here's a pic.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/unknown_drifta/car/c33579ce.jpg

It's the hose that has darker clamp on it.

Edited by 303starion

I had the same happen to my car cause of the catch can, but once i heard the clicking and saw the amount of smoke i immediately pulled over, and noticed the pressure was at 0. If he wouldve acted quicker, you wouldve had a working motor. I guess he pushed it trying to make ti back to the shop and failed. Sucks. GL with the next motor.

4g63 is eclipse/talon/laser motor DOHC 2.0 some turbo some non. 4G64 is a SOHC 2.4 non turbo. When I was in the dsm world I would have loved a 4G64 block with 4G63 head and starquest drivetrain!! Instant 300hp with gobs of torque from the bigger bottom end. Good luck finding a 4G64 block, almost as rare as a shp starion lol there is one in a galant here in Oregon at the pick and pull for $400 in "unknown" condition.

The non-turbo Eclipse Spyder also came with a SOHC 16 valve 2.4 liter (non-spyder non-turbo had chrysler 2.0 liter) this was the same as the Galant 4 banger of that same time period (mid to late 90's).

Checking ebay for giggles I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4G63-4G64-2-4-hybrid-RWD-Turbo-motor-engine-eclipse-conquest-starion-super-16g-/280766621730?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415efea822#ht_9858wt_1188

If I just had a couple grand extra this thing would be sooooo mine!

Good luck,

Keith