87 Atlantic Blue Conquest 47k orig for sale

sc400dan

Sadly, I need to sell my quest for a varitey of reasons. Here is the Ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230716204995&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Please feel free to send any PM offers if your interested, thank you to the membership for all your help over the past few years :(

Dan

STARTING at $7,500? You'll be lucky to get that as the final bid man. That's the price for a show car.

Sure, its a low mileage car, and I get that. But it needs:

2) Shown pic of the hood damage, got it that way never got around to fixing it.

3) There are various dings and scratches if you get real close to the car, and the old chip guards are peeling which is a common issue with quests/starions. Put a new paint job on it and it is an immediate show car.

4) Various seeping areas around the trans tunnel/heads, nothing I would classify as a leak, but full disclosure warrants mentioning it. Runs cool, oil pressure perfect, volts perfect.

Those can be expensive things to repair, depending the extent of it all. I think this is more of a $4500-$5000 car, but if you can get more, more power to you.

GLWS!

Edited by Coke

STARTING at $7,500? You'll be lucky to get that as the final bid man. That's the price for a show car.

Sure, its a low mileage car, and I get that. But it needs:

Those can be expensive things to repair, depending the extent of it all. I think this is more of a $4500-$5000 car, but if you can get more, more power to you.

GLWS!

way to be positive there coke.....

• 2 weeks later...
I hope you can sell it for the asking price as that in essence will raise the values of all of our cars but I just don't see this car selling for anywhere close to the asking price. In SoCal this is a $3,000 car. Maybe in the East Coast they command much higher prices? GLWS

I hope you can sell it for the asking price as that in essence will raise the values of all of our cars but I just don't see this car selling for anywhere close to the asking price. In SoCal this is a $3,000 car. Maybe in the East Coast they command much higher prices? GLWS

If its rust free yes. You western guys are spoiled with your beautiful cancer free sheet metal lol You wiould cry if I showed you some of the problem areas on my car. BTW awesome car man, good chioce on the gold wheels, that looks slick as hell

I know that a mint white with black and tan leather interior sold on this forum for I believe $3500.00. It had approx. 61,000 original miles, and as far as I remember needed nothing at all. I would be interested in your car, but need to know if you are willing to consider an offer that would be closer to that price. Thanks. Edited by Colt Stallion

Well, I wasn't going to reply to this thread for fear of being called not positve but I own an atlantic blue '87 Conquest with 48k miles. The main differences between this one and mine is that mine is perfectly stock, completely rust free, only has a few minor parking dings and everything works on it.

A person was very interested in buying my car at the national meet in Branson last year. I offered to sell it for $7500 and he counter offered $4500. I did not sell my car & he ended up finding a different car. The car he bought wasn't in as good condition and had nearly 100k miles on it but he got it for around $3k. The impression I took away from all this is that an atlantic blue '87 with 45-50k miles is probably not worth $7500, even if it's in perfect condition (which mine is not, I'll admit it).

a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. With the economy like it is, I have seen mint ones sell for 3500-4000 dollars. That is just the way it is personally I would not give over 5 grand for any Conquest/ Starion regardless of condition and equipment put into it. You would never be able to recoup enough of your money in the end.

I don't think any quest will sell for 7500 personally.

there was a pristine blue one on autotrader a while back that was around 8 grand or so (mint with like 20-30 thousand miles on it) and the guy sold it, this was probably 5 years ago. Well that same car is on a well known auto brokers site for 16+ grand. It will never sell IMO.

We shall see how my low mileage 89 starion fares.

You will never sell that car on ebay. I would put it on autotrader and list it until it sells. 7500 dollars for a starquest is something that you are not going to see in a 5 day ebay listing. Could take months if not a year to find someone willing to deal out that cash for your car. glws

There was an '87 Quest that sold in July 2010 for $16,000 but that was a statistical outlier - it had 10k miles and looked like it had just rolled out of the showroom...

and the guy who bought that one out of Florida re-listed it and dropped the price a couple of times before pulling it off the market. In a tough economy without much discretionary income it is tough because banks will not loan money on it except for a signature loan and 16 grand is a lot of money for an obscure 25 year old Japanese car especially when I see some come up from time to time for a grand or two. It makes it seem like OptimusPrime who took the white one from Cali got a steal of a deal. There are more of these cars out there than I ever thought, must have been popular for the time? try finding a super clean Nissan like a 240 or NX2k Sentra/ Altima SER or a Supercharged Frontier. Like a needle in a hay stack.

and the guy who bought that one out of Florida re-listed it and dropped the price a couple of times before pulling it off the market. In a tough economy without much discretionary income it is tough because banks will not loan money on it except for a signature loan and 16 grand is a lot of money for an obscure 25 year old Japanese car especially when I see some come up from time to time for a grand or two. It makes it seem like OptimusPrime who took the white one from Cali got a steal of a deal. There are more of these cars out there than I ever thought, must have been popular for the time? try finding a super clean Nissan like a 240 or NX2k Sentra/ Altima SER or a Supercharged Frontier. Like a needle in a hay stack.

Actually any of the cars you mentioned are good practical daily drivers, the starquest not so much. Especially in the snowbelt where you generally have to put it away for the winter. I know that my car has less than 50k miles on it simply because the original owner loved it & refused to sell it but was actually intimidated by it and would go years without ever getting it out of storage. I can't help but think that may be the case with many of these cars with less than 50-60k miles on them...

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or did someone notice the mileage drop more than half from 86,000 in 2004 to 36,000 in 2006? Just caught my eye.

Thanks,

Charles Palka

was that on carfax? He has listed this car on ebay like 4 times and has recieved offers on it but it is not nor ever will be a 6 grrand car.

was that on carfax? He has listed this car on ebay like 4 times and has recieved offers on it but it is not nor ever will be a 6 grrand car.

No. I didn't check it on carfax. Just saw it on the ebay vehicle history report. Just thought I mention it and bring it to point. But yeah I like the car...just not worth the asking price IMO.

Thanks,

Charles Palka

• 2 weeks later...