HVAC Controller self adhesive "Overlay" Kit

natallica

Already set up my man, my first run will be approx 20 orange and 20 white. Good thing I chose to do the white one for myself, but I knew some of you guys would want them :). As for the steering controls, I'm still looking for a donor set.

-N8

Edited by natallica

I'll dig up the stock wheel for my 85 when I get home tonight for you.

-Derek

Awesome!

Just to clarify, it is the same up until 88...correct?

I'll PM my address if you'd like.

This is pretty cool and all, but do you guys realize you can CLEAN the black buttons and make them shiny black again? I've done it to all of mine so far. None of you really NEED this overlay...only if your too lazy to clean the original buttons underneath.

I definitely approve of these new silver buttons though. These will come in handy to a LOT of people with peeling surfaces.

Edited by Coke

This is a really great idea and looks like a really nicely executed product! Congrats! I will have to check back and see if you have some in a few weeks, you know the deal with this holiday mess. ;(

Awesome!

Just to clarify, it is the same up until 88...correct?

I'll PM my address if you'd like.

Hey guys to my recall back in the days of the 80's the steering audio controls are slightly different between models. I have a 87 widebody and my friend had a 86 widebody but his did not have the auto seatbelt like my 87 widebody. His seat belts were like a 85 model and his steering wheel looked like my 87 but they were different. The buttons, I think on mine said scan and his had am/fm for the button. Can't really recall for the moment but they were different on wording and function. We need to confirm this 100% so that that both can be made properly. Just a heads up on this guys.

Did you get payment from me and did the pictures for audio help...........Thanks

Yes sir...and yes. I received my donor controls today, so stay tuned for the overlays. I'll be getting on them ASAP. If I get a definitive answer on the differences between the 86 and 87's I'll offer both, but 87's will be first.

Thanks guys

-N8

Thanks Colin, I'll hopefully have the 88-89 HVAC overlays this week... and I actually have a template/layout for the light buttons. I laid it out when I changed mine with blue LEDs,

If you or other clubbers are interested I can easily do these for you as well, but they're a tad tricky for "most" to install. "Seasoned Questers" know that these switches are brittle but I can offer em up if several sets are needed. They would be Black/Clear so that you could stay with the orange or change the backlight.

I'll let ya know.

-N8