ON SALE! Conquest TSi Posters/Reproduction "Dealer" poster

natallica

• 2 weeks later...

hey man go the posters in the mail today and I really like them.

I'll get them framed and they'll look great in my garage.

thanks a lot!!

Glad they arrived with no issues, Thanks for the purchase!

-N8

• 4 weeks later...

Hey natallica, that's a good Photoshop job but it would have been nice if you asked to use my car before you started selling it. Since you didn't have enough respect to ask, please replace the yellow one with another car on any future prints.

Wow, umm.... O.K then, thats a first! I searched for Google images of nice looking cars, I thought that it showed many different colors and styles for this poster. Oh well, your layer "deleted". I'm sure someone won't mind submitting nice pictures of a Banana Fatty.

I guess, that's what I get for assuming that 'club guys' may be flattered that they're ride would be hanging in peoples houses. I'll PM Harry!

Thanks for the heads up though!

-N8

Thanks. Not exactly the response that I was looking for but I appreciate that you are respecting my request. If you would have taken the time to research and asked first, yes, I would have been flattered.

From your response, I can assume that you didn't ask the photographer of the picture if you could use their intellectual property in a sale for profit item. Have you offered them any royalties on the money that you are making?

FYI... I also work for a graphic print shop and if I wanted people to pay for an image of my car and have it hang in other people's houses, I would sell it myself. Sadly, you are ripping the other members off by charging them $40.00 for a 24"x36" print. I could have that printed for $8.00 and ship it rolled in a tube for $4.50. You can even find many places on the internet that will produce that size for no more than $20.00.

I see that you watermark your images. Why is that? I take it that you wouldn't be flattered if someone copied your images off of Google and started selling them?

-VegasStarQuest

O.K, not really sure if the "thread-trashing" is really necessary response, but I immediately did as you asked and removed your image from my layouts. I guess I was wrong in assuming this is where it would politely end.

At my place of work I get charged per poster and they aren't printed on cheap photo paper. My boss told me what they would cost for me to print them. I pay to ship them myself (not using the company account) and to be honest, I'm only making a few dollars on each one sold, which hasn't been many. The few members that have purchased them have been pleased with the quality.

I did as you asked, as soon as you asked, so I really don't think that all of this was necessary! But oh well, I digress!

Thanks,

-N8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...