My turbo Dodge

Hoosierquest

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/SnookRyan/Mobile%20Uploads/1321913455.jpghttp://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/SnookRyan/Mobile%20Uploads/1321913406.jpghttp://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/SnookRyan/Mobile%20Uploads/1321913358.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/SnookRyan/Mobile%20Uploads/1321913310.jpg

2003 Dodge 2500, 5.9 cummins common rail

4" turbo back exhaust

Edge Juice with attitude

Stock auto trans with TransGo shift kit.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/SnookRyan/Mobile%20Uploads/1321912757.jpg

I like it!!! I'm not surprised the open diff sucks balls :)

Nice truck, Hoosier!

Turborusty

Thank ya sir,

I have not looked into it but a buddy of mine said the LSD was around 8-900.

I just don't get why someone would order a new 4x4 truck diesel and skimp on the LSD option, what's a thousand or so extra at that point.

If the factory doesn't offer the type or ratio of diff you want.

Bogus.......limited slip differential is always an option on trucks. Rare case may be a little tiny stripper model with 2wd and a V6.

I do not understand an open diff in a diesel, with all that torque!

Also seems stupid to me that my Auto, AWD Durango has a limited slip, but my manual, part time 4wd Ram does(did) not.......it's the one that needs it. Still, a diesel is in another league altogether.....should be standard equipment.

Turborusty

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

I want a diesel truck... :(

Also, I can't understand why anyone would order a full size truck with an open differential.

Downside to a diesel is it has somehow become more expensive than gasoline.

Diesel here is now 4.10 a gal and gas is 3.21 a gal. Bull stinky.

Bogus.......limited slip differential is always an option on trucks. Rare case may be a little tiny stripper model with 2wd and a V6.

I do not understand an open diff in a diesel, with all that torque!

Also seems stupid to me that my Auto, AWD Durango has a limited slip, but my manual, part time 4wd Ram does(did) not.......it's the one that needs it. Still, a diesel is in another league altogether.....should be standard equipment.

Turborusty

Turborusty

What if you don't want limited slip or the gear ratio they offer ?

I guess you'd just buy another truck?

What if you don't want limited slip or the gear ratio they offer ? I guess you'd just buy another truck?

There is a selection of available gear ratios, if the ratio you want is outside of the norm, do like the offroad guys do, add one aftermarket.

..........but who would CHOOSE not to have a limited slip and why? In that case, special order it without.....but again...why?

Turborusty

There is a selection of available gear ratios, if the ratio you want is outside of the norm, do like the offroad guys do, add one aftermarket.

..........but who would CHOOSE not to have a limited slip and why? In that case, special order it without.....but again...why?

Turborusty

Why?

If you order a truck without the limited slip, you pay less... what's another 1000.00 right?

Or you want a locker type differential that you by aftermarket and you know the dealer won't give you the extra money when you trade it in so you replace it with the open diff you bought with the truck..

Most trucks have an option for traction controlled rear differential, but I watched a comparison between Chevy Ford Chrysler and Toyota and only the Chrysler (Dodge) was the most effective because it had more weight Toyota would have been as effective if it had more weight Chevy and Ford just spun their wheels befor they engaged 4Wd

If any of them had a Locker (electronic or pneumatic) there would be no problems.

(I know Toyota has VSC and Atrac controlled differentials)

Thank ya sir,

I have not looked into it but a buddy of mine said the LSD was around 8-900.

I just don't get why someone would order a new 4x4 truck diesel and skimp on the LSD option, what's a thousand or so extra at that point.

Limited slip is not $1,000 option. I paid $230 for mine aftermarket. Same piece the factory uses.

Turborusty

Well that's a relief.

Well that's a relief.

If you were to buy and have one installed aftermarket, it is around $1,000 including replacement seals and bearings....yes.

My point was, if you were to ghave it installed from the factory, there's no additional labor, no extra parts, just a different carrier than the open one they would install anyway....

For a brand new Dodge Ram 1500, right now. It's a $325 option for an anti-spin differential.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

Here is mine right before PF 11.

2005, Smarty box, AEM intake, MBRP Exhaust.

Pulling to PF I got 16.5 pulling the car.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/385934_190863640997418_100002213506352_417503_1340437378_n.jpg

I love my cummins and i see i am not the only one.

One of the main reasons I bought the truck is because they look so much easier to work on in comparison to a diesel v8. Pulled the injectors once because of a no start issue when cold and it was not bad.

Wish I would have just put new 50 horse sticks in it because now less than a year later I'm starting to get hazing at idle, so most likey another junk injector.

And guys if you think oem quest injectors are expensive price a set of common rail injectors. It will make you cry.

Good looking truck iron, I see a quad cab in my future as my family grows but I dig the look of a single cab long bed.

Hoosier, GoFast, Ironside, Harry.....all great trucks!

Looks like mine is the little runt of the litter, with lowly 17" tires, and the small V8.

For what it's worth, mine has the open rear axle, and I haven't had issue with that yet. It'll burn it down if I nail it hard, and I figured out a little trick....if you need max pull for just a moment, back up perfectly straight for ten feet, hook up to what needs moved, and as long as you don't turn, it will dig with both.

As far as gas mileage is concerned....since I hot rodded the Grand Marquis, the car and the truck get roughly the same gas mileage. 14-15 in town, and 20-21 on the highway. Unless there's a headwind. This truck HATES a headwind, and it rewards me with like 12 MPG at 70 going into the wind.

Tim