blow off valve vac line

mitsustar86

So if your looking at the 3 ports from the driver side it would be the left one? Cuz for some reason I thought someone said the far right port but I tried that and my boost gauge would go crazy in vac.

So if your looking at the 3 ports from the driver side it would be the left one? Cuz for some reason I thought someone said the far right port but I tried that and my boost gauge would go crazy in vac.

You want to use the REAR PORT in the row of three closest to the firewall for the Blow off valve. That is Nipple M: Secondary Air Control. The first port in the row of three is Nipple D: Distributor Advance Control Vacuum. For hooking up the Boost gauge, there is a port below the row of three that I have used for 8 years now. Works for me ;) All this information can be found in the Factory Service Manual in the Fuel section. You can download it for free here: http://www.starquestgarage.com

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I really don't know about this because i'm having the same trouble, I tied into the o ne closest to the firewall and the bov didn't make a sound. So i repaired that, then i tied into the one closest to t he front BOV still doesn't make a sound :mad:. Sotty suggested tying into a little port on the top of the manifold( it's a vac used for auto's) but i'll be buggerred if i could find a nut that screws in there with a barb on it. The closest thing i could find was a 1/4 x 1/8 fitting at the hardware store but it was still too big. I can tap a new thread in there so it would fit but i'll have to get a lot of stuff out of the way to do it.

This is turning into a bit of a headache for me, so i'll be watching your post. If you get your's figured out maybe i will too.