83 Hood Inserts

infamos

Like Lew said, you'll be hard pressed to find some of these used. Ususally if a 83 hood gets wrecked, the scoop and vents often get messed up too, or the people don't bother to pull the scoop and vents before they scrap the hood.

The best place to possibly find the inserts only is in Austrailia, sine I think most of the cars that went there have that hood. That being said, I found just the two back vents for $70 plus shipping, and shipping from AU, even with pieces that small was like $30 or $40. The last time I saw a full set with the scoop AND the vents they went for $250.

I can fabricate a set out of fiberglass, since I have the 83 hood mold, but they don't look 100% like the OEM, and the rear vents are pretty much solid with no actual openings. These take a suprising amount of time to do and get right so they are a little expensive ($300 for the set), but if you can't find any actuall used OEM pieces, it may be an option.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/3-02-2011_001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i do they are gonna cost you 500 bucks . they come with the hood.

Actually, I was able to find some but I had to get the whole hood. The hood was ruster than F**k. The original stickers are still on the hood. I should have had the seller keep the hood and just ship the inserts. I knew the hood was rusty but it's way worse then I thought.

Youll be lucky to find these. I had burton fabricate me a set, but i dont know if he'd wanna do another. He did a great job by the way.

Actually fiber glass would be preferred. These are going to go on my fiber glass 83 hood.

Like Lew said, you'll be hard pressed to find some of these used. Ususally if a 83 hood gets wrecked, the scoop and vents often get messed up too, or the people don't bother to pull the scoop and vents before they scrap the hood.

The best place to possibly find the inserts only is in Austrailia, sine I think most of the cars that went there have that hood. That being said, I found just the two back vents for $70 plus shipping, and shipping from AU, even with pieces that small was like $30 or $40. The last time I saw a full set with the scoop AND the vents they went for $250.

I can fabricate a set out of fiberglass, since I have the 83 hood mold, but they don't look 100% like the OEM, and the rear vents are pretty much solid with no actual openings. These take a suprising amount of time to do and get right so they are a little expensive ($300 for the set), but if you can't find any actuall used OEM pieces, it may be an option.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/3-02-2011_001.jpg

Those are nice. Let me think about it. I was able to find some inserts but like your fabricated ones. I wanted these for my 83 fiber glass hood. I will keep in touch.