Here is my Frankenstein Monster

lionbull

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/lionbull1/primedfront.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/lionbull1/IMG-20111230-00018.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/lionbull1/IMG-20111230-000201.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/lionbull1/2012-09-29121908.jpg

Diehard,

I can now boldly disagree with the above statement about 3inch piping. This is 100% false. My set up at just 10psi is faster than the 2j N/A turbo(also 10psi and 3 inch piping) I rode in and I thought that is300 was pretty fast at the time. That car has a confirmed 315wrhp at the dyno. I guess it's the way the G54B makes the power. The nature of the beast!

You want Volume without loosing Air Velocity, those are the factors to be consider here. For a street driven car, 2.5" piping gives decent air velocity and cfm flow.

for track 3" won't be an issue cuz it will be near peak RPMs and spool most of the time.

BTW...car is coming along nicely.

you stole that hood off Rob's car?

Thanks Diehard.

I see your point but realistically if you are just cruising along taking it easy the piping size does not make a difference. So who cares? If I misunderstood please define street driving? This is a street car with no running/performance issues, a rareity here, MPI or otherwise. If you are on the track or running hard on the street it does make sense for the 3inch piping. I think long term which is why 2.5 piping have no place on a car like mine. My car is not laggy and will idle with any bone stock good running car here even with no idle air control. It is all about the set up.

I don't know Rob.

Edited by lionbull

Thank you.

Brand new stock mechanical cam, Brand new HD springs, Brand new mechanical rockers and adjusters. That is all.

SS valves? Is your intercooler top entry or bottom?

You know, i think 3.5" exhaust or maybe a dual or oval system due to clearance issues. is the next thing we should be looking at on the 400 plus hp cars.

Did you see my post about a dyno day? You would not have to run if do not want or if the car is not ready.

SS valves? Is your intercooler top entry or bottom?

You know, i think 3.5" exhaust or maybe a dual or oval system due to clearance issues. is the next thing we should be looking at on the 400 plus hp cars.

Did you see my post about a dyno day? You would not have to run if do not want or if the car is not ready.

stock valves, ebay intercooler. I do not believe in top brand air to air intercoolers anymore. When I saw a buddy's 700whp 5m supra with 7m motor do 9's with an ebay 100 buck intercooler that was good enough for me. On my next build I plan to go with SS valves and do extensive work/research on the exhaust side of the head and exhaust like you said. I did not see the post about dyno day so I wil check it out. A buddy of mine just ran 12.4 today at e-town on his 2012 335is and wants a piece of me. When my car comes out I will deal with him first then we can do the dyno thing.

Edited by lionbull

What did he trap with the 12.4? Best i could do friday night in high humidity was 13.03 @ 110. I paid $5 for an Englishtown #, maybe i should go back and have another go at it. I think they only let you make 3 runs at e town. At Cecil county you can as much as you want if it's not busy.

It is best to go on a weeknight when not many guys are out. He did 110mph. He was excited when he called me today. He challenged me from 0-160 and I told him that was ridiculous since I have no intention for the cops to take my car away from me after working so hard on it through the years. He did the 1/4 and I comend him for that but I intend to do better. I only hope my tranny holds up. Might have to go with some type of drag radials. Do you have any tips on 60ft? his was bad, a 2.3. This is all acording to him.

Better get bill hincher on the horn.

Edited by lionbull
  • Like 1

MIckey et streets or the hoosier 225 dr's. Nether should be driven on the street. Nothing else will hold.Not with out a line lock anyway, i am sure one of those helps. Maybe the mickly dr's, i have not tried them. But the stiffer side wall dr's want to hop if they spin, which is not a good thing.

Better get bill hincher on the horn

Yes but we need a better option. I think something that interchanges with a t5 trans would be the way to go.Than get a tko or the like that a guy can speck the gear ratios he wants. And a guy could buy a junk yard trans if he was in financial bind down the road. Good stock trans are getting hard to find. I went on a buying spree about 5 years ago, and 2 out of 3 were bad. Than my buddy's that do not plan ahead would beg then off me. I am starting to say no. Edited by StarquestRescue

MIckey et streets or the hoosier 225 dr's. Nether should be driven on the street. Nothing else will hold.Not with out a line lock anyway, i am sure one of those helps. Maybe the mickly dr's, i have not tried them. But the stiffer side wall dr's want to hop if they spin, which is not a good thing.

Yes but we need a better option. I think something that interchanges with a t5 trans would be the way to go.Than get a tko or the like that a guy can speck the gear ratios he wants. And a guy could buy a junk yard trans if he was in financial bind down the road. Good stock trans are getting hard to find. I went on a buying spree about 5 years ago, and 2 out of 3 were bad. Than my buddy's that do not plan ahead would beg then off me. I am starting to say no.

I know that is what i said about 3yrs ago but nobody paid me any mind. Back then it was all about the t56. A buddy of mine has a tko in his garage. It is a heavy beast though.

Thank you for the tire tip. It is appreciated.

Edited by lionbull

• 1 year later...

http://i1115.photobu...9

got compressor surge and had to stop.

This week I sent turbo out to get a billet 60-1 compressor wheel

the sc63 compressor is too big.

the graph was at 20psi

at 15 psi it made 298whp 334 torque

did not take a pic

Edited by lionbull

• 2 months later...

Compressor map is more important than JUST lb/min

It will flow 60 lbs/min at the limit, but for what I am looking for it is right in the middle of the 76% efficiency island at 46lbs/min with Pressure Ratio plugged into the equation. So, I have a better understanding of compressor maps but the tuner will do the rest.

I sent him the compressor map and he loves it.

My sc63 was at the surge line so big is not always best. i have changed my "tune" over the years

Edited by lionbull

i have not seen a hi fi map

determine what hp you want and what boost you want to run as a start.

the 60-1 have a good rep on the street though. i would stick with the proven stage 3 hotside if someone gave me one.

I am sure it will put a smile on your face.