Factory Louvers or ABS Louvers

infamos

I have a set of clean factory louvers. Actually the sides are NOS in unused condition. I'm going to install them as the weather lightens up. I think the factory louvers are awesome but I think I like the after market plastic ones better. At least the one's in Japan. The Japan one's look more aggressive and remind me of skeleton bones. What do you think? I plan on having my body guy make me a set so I can make a mold and make a set in carbon fiber ones. I attached a photo for your amusement:

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/unix88/DSC02188-Copy-Copy.jpg

looks too over exaggerated compared to the stock metal louvers- IMO . They almost look like a "fast n furious" kind of set-up....IF you can offer them at 200.00USD or less, for all, then I might be interested.

I'll see what I can do.

If you can get these made and sell them for a decent price ill buy some.

I have one my vehicles in the body shop and I'm waiting on an airdam and will be having some parts painted. At that time I'm going to show him some pics of what I want to see if he wants to take on the job. He can do anything when it comes to cars. If he won't do it he will tell me who will. If it's 1K or under for the initial prototype I will do it.

If it's 1K or under for the initial prototype I will do it.

It won't be. I bet just building the molds will cost more than that, probably lots more. Then you need CF, resin and to pay the guy to make the parts. I would think the parts themselves would be less than a grand for a full set, but it will cost way more than that just to get to the point that you could make one. Not trying to be a downer. just being realistic on the price because I'm a mold maker, and know what that stuff costs to build.

It won't be. I bet just building the molds will cost more than that, probably lots more. Then you need CF, resin and to pay the guy to make the parts. I would think the parts themselves would be less than a grand for a full set, but it will cost way more than that just to get to the point that you could make one. Not trying to be a downer. just being realistic on the price because I'm a mold maker, and know what that stuff costs to build.

Your are correct. I know it's a lot of work. I've been doing some research and trying to use an existing mold and fabricated it. They still make louvers for the 88 daytona's. The rear window is very close to size as the conquest. That is one possibility. Also, I can just use my louvers and make molds from that. I know a shop in Greeley colorado and they have been in the carbon fiber/fiber glass business more than 30 years and they have been making parts for porsche's for a long time. I haven't talked to them about the louvers yet but it is a third possibility. I was hoping from these molds they can exaggerate the design and make it close to the picture provided above.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a full set of l alum lovers striped to the bone . (.Took alot of time to strip them). When i got my car two years ago guy was going to throw them away !!!!!!. lol. I told him throw them in the car all take them !!!!. missing passenger rear bracket and one bottom hatch bracket . i've never seen any like that .. still deciding how to do mine .

I got a full set of l alum lovers striped to the bone . (.Took alot of time to strip them). When i got my car two years ago guy was going to throw them away !!!!!!. lol. I told him throw them in the car all take them !!!!. missing passenger rear bracket and one bottom hatch bracket . i've never seen any like that .. still deciding how to do mine .

I have a second set I'm trying to get. Eventually I want to build some similar to the photo.

• 4 months later...