Won't downshift after 40+

It shifts great driving around town but say I'm doing 40 and want to accelerate to 65 getting on the freeway. If it goes into 4 th gear ( due to driving behind someone slow) while just cruising it won't downshift unless I floor it for a few seconds and it accelerates really slow says im making 8lb boost at like 1800 rpm but has absolutly no power at all and won't downshift for like 5 seconds then it will and just take off. Any idea why, is this common? It has a rebuilt tranny. OD is off Edited by Spooled_Starion

That same problem is happening to me right now, I'm just wondering if these trannys are just not any good. Can you redline your engine? or will your tranny shift before it can get there? When you hit 40, what's your rpm? does it kinda slur down to 1500? If so, then something is wrong with the OD as well just like mine. I guess your following my thread anyways? lol. I would say just take a look under the starquest faqs for a while. That's what I plan on doing when I get home from work.

• 2 months later...