Spacer question

Ono

I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but the search feature sucks in my opinion, or maybe it's me not following my rule of needing to be 10% smarter then the piece of equipment I'm using........

I have SHPs on the back, 7's on the front. I don't want to roll the fenders.

Can someone tell me what size spacers I need get my wheels as flush as possible?

Car will have D2's on this week if that means anything.

Thanks in advance!

You can run about a 1" spacer, basically they are sold metric so that's a 20mm which is a little less than an inch, and that's it if you don't want to roll the fender lips. On the rear, you never really need to roll the whole lip, just the two points where the tire gets near, at like 10 and 2 o'clock.. It depends on how wide your rear tires are, whether or not you'll need to bend the fenders a little, but you can run a 245 with a 20mm spacer. Remember that you're basically making the rears -20 offset.

Tip on rolling: Mark the two points where the tire touches (if it does), jack the car up a little and put a baseball bat at that point under the fender, and lower the car slowly to tweak the lip back. Done.

You can also go to the hardware store and get some 7/16 flat washers. They are approximately 2 mm thick. Put them them on your studs and see where your tire sits. Add or take away til you like where it is. Get enough to have them on 3 studs. You may not be able to put your lug nuts back on depending on how many washers are used.

• 1 month later...

You can also go to the hardware store and get some 7/16 flat washers. They are approximately 2 mm thick. Put them them on your studs and see where your tire sits. Add or take away til you like where it is. Get enough to have them on 3 studs. You may not be able to put your lug nuts back on depending on how many washers are used.

This sounded a little scary until I realized you were describing how to measure how much spacing to use, not to run the car with washers and three lugnuts!

• 2 weeks later...
I spaced my wheels out to. I did the washers so I could mock it up to see how much spacing I wanted. It worked very well. Now I plan on making some spacers out of aluminium. My question is were is a good place to get new studs?