Treadstone Guys

QuestFan

Treadstone manifold looks like a pretty good deal to me, don't know why it has a bad rep here.

People here can hate on log manifolds here all the want, if that's why they dint like it but I've personally seen Hondas make 600whp with them so whatever.

i am actually running a sfp header now and from what i have seen here and on another site, it will eventually blow apart (literally) yet from what i read when i bought it, it was supposed to be one of the best on the market. after i learned this i picked up the CHAD header from another member and see right away the HUGE differences in the materials. (my sfp head is ceramic coated so i assume this is why its lasted as long as it has)

Chad's manifold would have really been easier for me to install because he was going to make the flange in the exact location as the SMB. But the whole SMB thing has made me gun shy about getting another custom built tubular header. Im not saying Chad's header would fail catastrophically, I just feel safer with the treadstone. In the time it would have took to recieve Chad's manifold, I can order a treadstone and have it installed and running.

I think some of you guys are forgetting that, this is my only car. I drive it everyday, I use it to go to work, visit family and friends, and just have a good time in. A long period of down time hits me hard. Especially when you have to drive your dad's Suburban and pay for the gas it gulps down and get nagged at everyday when you get home because my car isnt running yet and Im still putting miles on his fancy suburban.

Chad's manifold would have really been easier for me to install because he was going to make the flange in the exact location as the SMB. But the whole SMB thing has made me gun shy about getting another custom built tubular header. Im not saying Chad's header would fail catastrophically, I just feel safer with the treadstone. In the time it would have took to recieve Chad's manifold, I can order a treadstone and have it installed and running.

I think some of you guys are forgetting that, this is my only car. I drive it everyday, I use it to go to work, visit family and friends, and just have a good time in. A long period of down time hits me hard. Especially when you have to drive your dad's Suburban and pay for the gas it gulps down and get nagged at everyday when you get home because my car isnt running yet and Im still putting miles on his fancy suburban.

That is a mistake i made too... i daily drove my quest for about 7yrs before i picked up a "beater" - i suggest anybody with a "project" car have a different car to daily drive. :)

That is a mistake i made too... i daily drove my quest for about 7yrs before i picked up a "beater" - i suggest anybody with a "project" car have a different car to daily drive. :)

I would really like a little S-10 extreme to drive as a daily. I almost had one but funds just are not there. Only reason the Quest has made it this far is borrowing money from grandpa.

Edited by QuestFan

I would really like a little four cylinder S-10 extreme to drive as a daily. I almost had one but funds just are not there. Only reason the Quest has made it this far is borrowing money from grandpa.

my first beater was a 500.00 saturn with 200k miles on it, i now have a honduh. borrow 1000.00 from g-pa and buy something that will get you to point a to point b :)

My neighbor has a perfectly good dodge intrepid that needs a mirror and tires to drive safely. He told me he was going to give it to his GF's son but the kid backed out. So he told me I could come and get it. So this looks like my option for a daily. Edited by QuestFan

My neighbor has a perfectly good dodge intrepid that needs a mirror and tires to drive safely. He told me he was going to give it to his GF's son but the kid backed out. So he told me I could come and get it. So this looks like my option for a daily.

there you go- buy it, sell it and buy that s-10 your looking for. Maybe trade straight up LOL

Or theres always that little ford ranger at my other neighbor's house that their kid drove when he was my age. Now that kid has grown up and the truck has just sat there. Hmmmm. lol The gears are turning in my head.

when you gonna hit the dyno?

Whenever I can get back on my feet money wise and drive up to Phinko's place to have him finish fine tuning and hit up the dyno on base. Went without a job for two months and still had to make payments to grandpa. Now Im working at Whataburger making $7.50 an hour with low hours. So it could take a while.

Edited by QuestFan
  • Like 1

Or theres always that little ford ranger at my other neighbor's house that their kid drove when he was my age. Now that kid has grown up and the truck has just sat there. Hmmmm. lol The gears are turning in my head.

WAY better option than the dodge imo

Whenever I can get back on my feet money wise and drive up to Phinko's place to have him finish fine tuning and hit up the dyno on base. Went without a job for two months and still had to make payments to grandpa. Now Im working at Whataburger making $7.50 an hour with low hours. So it could take a while.

i hear that. he has been doing all my tuning from like 2000miles away lol. i lost my job about 5mo ago and have been working part time 250/week for the last 3mo - i have sold some items to fund my expenses and the dyno time.

i hear that. he has been doing all my tuning from like 2000miles away lol. i lost my job about 5mo ago and have been working part time 250/week for the last 3mo - i have sold some items to fund my expenses and the dyno time.

Looks like that is what I am going to have to do. While I look for a better paying job.

Treadstone manifold looks like a pretty good deal to me, don't know why it has a bad rep here.

People here can hate on log manifolds here all the want, if that's why they dint like it but I've personally seen Hondas make 600whp with them so whatever.

It has a bad rap because if you run a large turbo and/or 3" DP it can be a serious PITA to get things all hooked up. That and it's still a log style particle collider. It just happens to have a T3 flange and Ex WG. Not that it's a bad unit I just think a lot of people didn't know what they were getting into with it.

Nothing I cant handle myself. I feel confident about making it work and I have had no kind of automotive or fab schooling, just an 18 year old who took a couple welding classes in high school. Sure glad I did. Trial and error has been the biggest teacher for me. Edited by QuestFan

Yeah, just jack up the car, take off the oil pan (sway bar needs to be unbolted from the control arms at the very least, if not removed) wash it out, drill a hole, get a fitting ( male -10AN steel weld-on bung) welded on above the oil level and between the bolt holes so you can still use a ratchet to install the pan bolts.

While your in there, maybe add a baffle inside the pan.

This is how mine is:

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/data/529/medium/DSC02300.JPG

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/data/529/medium/DSC02301.JPG

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/data/529/medium/DSC02302.JPG

This is what I ordered from summit, hope it sticks out far enough to clear the block....

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sum-220713_w.jpg

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/ear-967110erl_w.jpg

Edited by QuestFan