need airdam for 87

gerwulf

im in bad need of a airdam that will fit a 87 star non ic. dosent have to have paint or paint can be in poor condition, can have slight damage and scufs..as long as its fixable with bondo...

max i can spare is about 100-170$..zip is 16323

Edited by gerwulf

The mounting holes for the fender section is a little different and the airdam flares out at the fenders to match the widebody contours.I believe the '85.5 Starion had an airdam with the 2 scoops on it,but good luck finding one of those.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/627029/1986-mitsubishi-starion/page-2

Jerry L.

ill take anything that fits

well as stated above, anything will fit, but do you want it to fit correctly or not?

if not, i have a decent shape 1 piece for a 88/89

edit- btw you cant bondo a piece that flexes just driving down the road, fiberglass would be a minimum

Edited by Skullzaflare

I have two narrow body airdams. One I got with very minor cracks that I repaired using the proper urethane parts repair epoxy for flexible parts like airdams, but since it is in such good shape, they're very hard to find, and I like keeping good spares just in case, the price I'd want for it is probably way out your range.

I have another one that is missing a chunk on one corner and has a couple of small cracks, but I could probably repair it and sell it to you for about $250+ shipping. I know that is still more than you're looking to spend, but that would be in great shape, and ready to paint. Airdams of all kinds are getting harder and harder to find, and even very damaged ones are selling for $100+, so I gotta make sure I get enough to make it worth my time.

Hope you find one that's within your range and works for what you want, but if you decide you want to buy the one I have, PM me.

If you want the side openings on an airdam that fits the flatty without modding, then you would have to get an 85.5 airdam, and those airdams are harder to find than any other. The widebody ones will fit a flatty, but you would have to cut off about 3/4" off each side, and fab up a bracket to mount the sides to the fender since the holes don't line up.

Edited by Burton