wt....

spoolinup

my oil level is good on the stick but my oil pressure is below half mark could my pick up be a little clogged and also with the stock injetcors black and green which one is primary and secondayr and which one goes where i rebuilt my tb and forgot

where is the sending unit

If you are standing in front of the car, the unit is on the lower left of the block, underneath your oil filter. It threads into the oil filter adapter which is what your oil filter screws onto.

On my 87, the injectors were like this:

If you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine:

Blue was the large injector and was on the left.(Closest to the intake tube)

Gray was the small injector and was on the right.

This info came straight from my 87 manual. All though your car may be a different year so the colors could be different.

The fun part is figuring out which injector clip is which unless you marked them. Only made that mistake once!

Edited by YoungQuestFan

You will KNOW if you have the car trying to idle on the secondary. It will have a crappy, lopey idle, like a big cam, and your exhaust will smell of gas. Very strongly. If this happens, I highly reccomend changing the oil.

Check your oil pressure with a real gauge. If it rattles and knocks for a bit after start up, you could have oil pressure issues and/or your timing chain tensioner needs the TSB fix.

Injectors are marked L for primary, and is black(grey according to the FSM), and M for secondary, which is blue/green. Replacement injectors are possible so look at the stampings on the side. The primary injector will go on the driver's side of the car, and the secondary injector will go on the passenger side of the car.

-Robert

to find the pri inj clip only connect one clip and clip it to the pri inj,, if the engine don't srart try the other clip on that inj,, once the engine does start , mark the pri inj clip in some manner so you'l know what clip is what from now on

as to your oil pressure don't use any 5w-30 oil , if your useing a 20-50 and the gauge only reads 1/2 at3k rpms,, the sender may be dirty or bad ,, very small oil entry hole,,and they clog up easily

Edited by Shelby

to find the pri inj clip only connect one clip and clip it to the pri inj,, if the engine don't srart try the other clip on that inj,, once the engine does start , mark the pri inj clip in some manner so you'l know what clip is what from now on

as to your oil pressure don't use any 5w-30 oil , if your useing a 20-50 and the gauge only reads 1/2 at3k rpms,, the sender may be dirty or bad ,, very small oil entry hole,,and they clog up easily

My issue.

Not to thread jack, but how much of a PITA is it to pull on the car?

Here are some good resources for you to reference if you did not already know of them:

SQ Frequently Asked Questions

87-89 TPS/ISC reset procedure (Gonna need to do this since you've done a TB rebuild)

S.O.S. Manuals (How to with pictures, just ignore the delusional old man ramblings)

1988 Factory Service Manual

Keyword Search

Indiana's Technical Info Site

-Robert

My issue.

Not to thread jack, but how much of a PITA is it to pull on the car?

LOL... go out and look at your car and decide your abilities. Stick your arm down in there. It uses a 14mm wrench.

-Robert

LOL... go out and look at your car and decide your abilities. Stick your arm down in there. It uses a 14mm wrench.

-Robert

Well... would... were it not 1:15am... :lol: But thanks for the answer, Robert.

Is pressure higher when the oil is cold? Does it change when the rpms increase?

Yes and sometimes, for me. Indy, I'm going to PM you about my issue.