Fuel Tank Removal

Contsi

87 TSi - thanks to all on my other topic (Won't Start).

I'm removing the tank to work with the fuel pump problem; I'm using the manual page 14-86.

I don't want to drop the tank and rip anything out. I don't know what item 1 is (High floor side panel).

I have done the following: remove fuel pipe cover, diconnect the pump connection, drain fuel, disconnect the 3 fuel lines (high pressure, return hose and vapor hose) I'm having a little problem with filler hose.

I can't find item # 6 - fuel gauge unit connector.

Any help finishing this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I hooked up battery directly to the fuel pump, with a couple of taps to the pump it starterd to work. Each time I hook it up I have to tap it to get it to run. So looks like time for a new pump. I don't see any exposed terminal on the wires to the pump, the connections appear to sealed. when it comes time to replace, do I have to cut the wires off the old pump and add some kind of terminal to them?

What replacement pump is recommended?

87 TSi - thanks to all on my other topic (Won't Start).

I'm removing the tank to work with the fuel pump problem; I'm using the manual page 14-86.

I don't want to drop the tank and rip anything out. I don't know what item 1 is (High floor side panel).

I have done the following: remove fuel pipe cover, diconnect the pump connection, drain fuel, disconnect the 3 fuel lines (high pressure, return hose and vapor hose) I'm having a little problem with filler hose.

I can't find item # 6 - fuel gauge unit connector.

Any help finishing this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you ever need access to your Fuel Pump again, Check this out:

Starquest FAQ Forum.

Page three.

Fuel Pump Cover redesigned by Artinist.

I've done it. Works out great.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...