88 Conquest Dash

starORQusest

Price dropped $60

88 Conquest Dash in great condition...

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/80smitshu/88%20Conquest%20Part/IMGA0839.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/80smitshu/88%20Conquest%20Part/IMGA0838.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/80smitshu/88%20Conquest%20Part/IMGA0837.jpg

Edited by starORQusest

It came out of my 88 conquest.. so im sure its a 88..

I can pull the v8 out of my RX7 and sell it but that doesn't mean it came factory in the RX7. Just saying, someone could have done a dash swap at some point, I am sure you aren't the original owner.

I have no clue either way, just saying.

I can pull the v8 out of my RX7 and sell it but that doesn't mean it came factory in the RX7. Just saying, someone could have done a dash swap at some point, I am sure you aren't the original owner.

I have no clue either way, just saying.

lol.. good point.. BandY could be right.. but here are the reasons why i said it had to be a 88 dahs.. i purchased the car form the first owner while it was rotting in his back yard and only mod that car had was an EGR block off.. i took out the dash and it looked liked never been removed before..

I can't insist that this dash isn't an original '88, but it's my opinion that SOMETHING is weird here! lol

It's not easy to find pics of the front corners of any dashes, but if ya ever get the chance, take a look. Because of the power seatbelt assembly, the dash meets the door panels differently. If I'm wrong about this, for some reason, I certainly look forward to learning something new.

Does the VIN plate match the engine and door jambs? If so, and he bought it from the original owner, it's probably an 88. Looks like my 88 dash.

StarORQuest ... your locations says Queens ... what's your zip, thinking about picking this up from you. I'm in PA.

Edited by techboy

Seriously? You people don't see what I'm talking about?? The pics of that blue car totally prove my point. Look where the hood latch lever is. Those two dashes are not the same. So, no, I didn't learn anything new. Nothing I'll admit to, anyway. Check the pics closely. Hello?? lol

This is my '86 dash. Looks just like the second pic of yours, but not at all like that blue car's dash. Plus, mine is dirty, obviously.

i assumed you ment this part

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/IMGA0838.jpg

anyway, look right here, this tells you theres a cover that goes over the bottom. apparently older cars dont have the extra cover. im pretty sure you dont have a random hole here

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/IMGA0838-1.jpg

I did a poor job of describing how the door panels meet the dashes differently, but I certainly wasn't hacking up anyone's "Parts for Sale" thread. Grow up, Frenchi999.

I think the '86 dashes are nicer than the '87 and up ones, so it's not like I was accusing him of trying to pass a junk dash off for a nice one. Don't try to insult me, Frenchi. It just makes you look like an idiot.

Apparently, by what Skullzaflare just posted, all of our cars might have somewhat identical dashboards. I wasn't aware of there being a cover at the bottoms of the later models. So, like I said, I just learned a little more about our cars. Thank you for the great detail, Skullzaflare!

Edited by BandY

I learend something new as well.. thanks all you guys... Well BandY that you have a little bit of attitute, thats what Frenchi was talking about.. Again because of you we all learned something new..

hope someone wana buy this.. anyone??? Price Drop $65

Edited by starORQusest

I did a poor job of describing how the door panels meet the dashes differently, but I certainly wasn't hacking up anyone's "Parts for Sale" thread. Grow up, Frenchi999.

I think the '86 dashes are nicer than the '87 and up ones, so it's not like I was accusing him of trying to pass a junk dash off for a nice one. Don't try to insult me, Frenchi. It just makes you look like an idiot.

I wasnt insulting you....not sure what your deal is because its hard to tell someones tone in type but i took this to be rather offensive in nature....

Seriously? You people don't see what I'm talking about?? The pics of that blue car totally prove my point. Look where the hood latch lever is. Those two dashes are not the same. So, no, I didn't learn anything new. Nothing I'll admit to, anyway. Check the pics closely. Hello?? lol

• 3 weeks later...