OEM style Conquest reproduction decals. Now offering reflective colors too!

Burton

Decals look great! Thought about ordering a set but better yet, after the engine rebuild what if I take it down for a fresh paint job and you put them on?

I also did a replica sticker like at the top of Starion hatch glass...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/2-26-2011.jpg

can you make these to stick on the inside of the hatch glass ?

I can by just reversing the text in the file, but I think looking at it from the sticky side won't look quite right. It would be more like how it was done from the factory, but silkscreening is different than vinyl.

I might try it out tomorrow to see how it looks tho.

Decals look great! Thought about ordering a set but better yet, after the engine rebuild what if I take it down for a fresh paint job and you put them on?

That works too. If I'm painting the car, why don't I just cut templates to paint the graphics on and bury them under clearcoat so everything is smooth. I can do it that way if you want.

Hey Burton!

How much for just the digital file for the large Conquest TSi hatch logo (.ai or .eps... pdf would even work)? I can't seem to path mine out to look quite as well.

My Roland would thank you :lol: I know someone put a lot of work into getting it right!

Lookin' good man!

-N8

Hey Burton!

How much for just the digital file for the large Conquest TSi hatch logo (.ai or .eps... pdf would even work)? I can't seem to path mine out to look quite as well.

My Roland would thank you :lol: I know someone put a lot of work into getting it right!

Lookin' good man!

-N8

Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to share the file. It took me almost a year to get this one, then many hours spent by my wife to clean up the file. It would not make much business sense for me to put all that time into getting a file to work, only to give it to someone who might use it to become competition, or give it to someone else who would. I would possibly be willing to sell the file, but honestly, it wouldn't be cheap. I hope you understand.

Edited by Burton

No problem man, I wouldn't have ever tried to compete with what you have goin on. I have the utmost respect for anyone on this site who is doing what they can to help make these rides look sweet. And you've been at this a lot longer than I've even been a member so, no worries dude. It's your gig!!!! B)

I just wanted to make really small ones for my water bottles (GP) and possibly once my ride gets it's metallic cobalt paint job... make my own reflective for my ride only. Even considered getting a heat press and getting that HotFlox stuff and makin some "Conquest TSi hoodies" or "shirts" but I'm not sure yet. Just trying to find more ways of getting the cars and club noticed while having some cool stuff to wear.

Thanks anyways man. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I made up another style GSVR set. I think I'm gonna put this one on my car, so hopefully I'll have installed pics of this one soon...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/3-11-2011.jpg

I also edited the first post and added a list of all the other SQ related stickers I sell.

Would be interested in the turbo hatch decal but would really like to see a picture of one of these on a car first... Does anyone have a picture?

Do you want a pic of how it looks from the factory, or with the sticker on it? I can get you both.

Ive seen the factory silk screened ones. I was curious about the replica sticker.... Also have you tried printing it with small perforated holes? Possibly similar to the things they put in restaurant windows that you can see out of from close up, but when looking at it from far away the holes disappear?

Just a thought. Also thank you for taking the time to render up these things. I know it takes a long time (ive done some stuff for t shirt printing as well as vinyl cutting).

Edited by Frenchi934

Ive seen the factory silk screened ones. I was curious about the replica sticker.... Also have you tried printing it with small perforated holes? Possibly similar to the things they put in restaurant windows that you can see out of from close up, but when looking at it from far away the holes disappear?

Just a thought. Also thank you for taking the time to render up these things. I know it takes a long time (ive done some stuff for t shirt printing as well as vinyl cutting).

OK, I'll get a pic with one on the car later today.

The vinyl that is perforated comes that way, and I'm pretty sure only in white and black. That sort of stuff is used with vinyl printer/cutters, mine is only a cutter. Vehicle wraps and storefronts of multi-color, usually use the printer/cutters.

I'm sure I could get some of the perforated stuff, but I'm not sure I'd have enough interest in that sort of stuff to make it worth the money. However, if you want a batch done with that stuff and are willing to pay extra for me to get it, I can.

I can only cut single color stuff. I can make multi color stickers by cutting single colors and overlaying them, but that's pretty difficult and quite a bit more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

If you paypal me, make sure to make a note of what color you want as well as your user name.

People, I cannot stress this enough. I spent 45 minutes last night cross refrencing car forums, emails and paypal payments just trying to figure out what two people were paying me for. Saying "Thanks Burton" in the notes section does nothing to tell me who you are, or what you bought. I'm glad you appreciate the stuff I offer, but was the $35 you sent for fog light covers or a decal set? In fact, was it even for SQ stuff? I sell more stuff for cars other than SQs than I do for SQs and I have many things I sell for the same price.

I got everything figured out eventually last night, but it's very frustrating to spend that much of what little time I have to handle this stuff, when all it would have taken was an extra minute of typing by the customer.

PLEASE!!!!!!!.......

*Post where you are seeing my offerings- Most of my SQ sales is from stuff posted up here, but I do sell plenty of SQ schwag on 26liter as well as Emails from my website or other word of mouth contacts.

*Post a username if the sale is from an online forum. The username is important so I can make sure to compare it to the screen names in GPs, PM's, etc...

*Post a detailed description of what it is you are buying- "fog covers" "tint skins" or "stickers" don't tell me enough. Did you want dark, light or clear Lexan fog covers? Did you want the whole tint skin set, or just ceratin pieces? I sell all sorts of stickers and many for the same price. I'm guessing you don't want a Starion sticker set for a Conquest, and you probably don't want them in pink, but how am I to know if you don't tell me?

*Post any other info you think I may need- I'm glad you are off at college and expanding your education, but your Paypal account lists your parent's address as the addy. If I don't know you are at college with a different address, how can I know to send it to any other addy other than what's listed on the Paypal account?

This stuff may seem simple to y'all but all the above example have happened to me in one way or another.

I talk to many of you in threads, PM's and by email to get the deals setup and make sure that you get exactly what you want. After going back and forth most of you probably figure I have a handle on the deal and will remember all the details two weeks later when payment is actually made. This is not always the case. Between all the cars I offer stuff for I probably communicate with a dozen people a day interested in my stuff. Usually only half of those people actually make purchases, and many of those are weeks later, so it's impossible for me to try and remember who wanted what and when they wanted it when half of those people never make a purchase. I save all my PMs and Emails for many weeks if not months just to help remind me if need be, but I could really use a little more help on y'alls end.

I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk or anything, but it's very frustrating. I make very little money offering my wares for the SQ community, and do it mostly because I love the cars and like to see people enjoy my stuff. The big bucks is in making stuff for other cars, which is what I have been doing more of, but I still do SQ stuff because I have everything I need to make the products fairly easily. When I have to spend gobs of time figuring out who wants what, it just kills me. The more time I spend on that sort of stuff, the less time I can work on profitable stuff. The more SQ stuff cuts into my profitable stuff, the less I want to do SQ stuff.

I hate to do it, but I may have to start returning payments if people can't follow instructions. I charge $20 an hour for my time working on customer cars and such, so it makes no sense for me to spend an hour of that time trying to chase down all the info I need so I can send out the right part, to the right person.......and make all of about $2 for my time on the deal.

I hope this doesn't sound like some prima donna BS, but really, if you can't follow the very simple instructions I speciffically asked for then I don't need you as a customer, simple as that.

[/rant]

Got my decal set in yesterday, they look great, thanks Mark.

Sorry for the confusion on the color, haha.

Nah, you were good about it. I've dealt with you before so I knew you wouldn't flake and took extra care to remember what we discussed, I just forgot to ask which kind of black. You also paid pretty quickly after we talked about it, so it was fresh on my mind.

The ones that are really hard, are the ones that see my posts and send me money for something when they haven't posted about them or even PM'd or Emailed me. Those are no biggie if I have description of exactly what they are paying for, but when I have no clue it makes it difficult.

For instance... I got a Paypal payment for some stickers, no color stated. I got a real name, shipping addy, and an email addy via Paypal, I just need to know the color, so I send an email to the paypal addy email. A few days go by, I send another email. A few more days go by, I send another email. The next day, I get a nasty email from someone thinking I'm ripping them off. Of course, I let them know I had tried to get in contact with them using all the info I had but they didn't use the paypal addy to actually recieve Email, so they never checked it. So in the end, I got it figured out and sent out, but I wasted time trying to figure everything out and sending emails that were never read, got to read a very nasty email with someone judging my character, and even tho it was their fault and I made things right, it was still probably a "bad" transaction in the customer's eye, so I doubt they would ever buy from me again. And I got to do all of that for a measly $2 profit.

I dunno, maybe the stress of how quickly biz has been taking off this year is getting to me or something, but I just don't think it's too much to ask for people to be able to type in some quick info.

• 1 month later...
I will be making a trip up to MI this weekend, and won't be back home until the 24th, so if anyone purchases any decals between those dates, I won't be able to send them until I'm back, but will be able to get them right out. Edited by Burton

• 3 weeks later...

Back home and settled in from vacation, so I can take orders for these again. I've gotten a few more colors too that I can offer- Lime green, charcoal, and pink...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/5-30-11.jpg

And I finally put my STARION GSR-VR decal on the back of my car, albeit a little crooked in places...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/5-30-11_005.jpg

Oh, I may also change the layout of the cutter file a bit. I'm finding that these longer hatch decals are sometimes more easily installed when done in halves. The sets will still come with everything listed, they just would have a different layout. It might also reduce wasted vinyl.

Edited by Burton