strange problem

drummer030201

this happened today.

was drivin home from flight and decided to give ol' rosie some gusto. all went just fine until i just kicked the clutch in to bring her down a lil.

rpms dropped fine, but boost on stock gauge indicated below zero but stayed at the solid orange line, and the car shut off. i have no idea what it is.

car specs

87 124XXX miles

hard pipes SSQV bov

88/89 ecu

mbc 10 lbs

stock 12a

thanks in advance guys and gals

~Muzzy

Just Curious. When is the last time you or someone else did a ISC/TPS Reset. Sometimes if the ISC is out of adjustment, when you decelerate too fast and push in the clutch or come to a abrupt stop, the car will die.

Bill

Just Curious. When is the last time you or someone else did a ISC/TPS Reset. Sometimes if the ISC is out of adjustment, when you decelerate too fast and push in the clutch or come to a abrupt stop, the car will die.

Bill

Well Bill i have never done it and im quite positive the previous owner never did it. are they difficult to do?

When using a BOV and a MAF that can happen. The idle motor can't react quick enough and even then it has to be properly adjusted and working.

well i know it works, some what, because all other times the car runs perfect. Just when i give it the goods and let off hard is when it dies.

Thanks for your help guys, its much appreciated :)

~Muzzy

yeah, if you have a lightened flywheel and a BOV...they can stall out when you're on them hard then let off.

Its the momentary rich condition from ventilating all the metered air that does it.

So, if you have a BOV, try removing it and see if it still does it.

yeah, if you have a lightened flywheel and a BOV...they can stall out when you're on them hard then let off.

Its the momentary rich condition from ventilating all the metered air that does it.

So, if you have a BOV, try removing it and see if it still does it.

never did it before until just recently