Trilogy Turbo hood strut kit

SOTTY

Are these holes for the lower mounts stock? Thanks much for showing the install.

No there aren't holes, you have to drill. The bolt then has a nut and lock-washer on the underside. Getting the nut/washer on that bolt was the hardest part of the install by far.

Always happy to help out

Mad props to Heron for shipping out my missing parts super fast , this strut kit is a very well made/ easyish to install item indeed and i highly recommend it to anyone, just sent the brackets off for chrome plating to yet a little more "bling" under the hood. :)

Did heron make and sell the kit? I remember there being a gp on these quite awhile back, but didnt know if they are still available.

BC_99

Indeed he did and is , he has them on Ebay just now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my kit in, and it didn't come with install instructions. I emailed Trilogy Turbos this morning, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

The install looks pretty straightforward, but just wanted to check on the placement of the bracket on the fender - I noticed that there is already an indentation on the fender that lines up with one of the bolt holes for the bracket - is that what you guys used?

• 5 weeks later...
I just got mine installed. They do not come with installation instructions but it is pretty straight forward, one of my dampeners however is blown out of the box.

Yeah, I pretty much winged it and just put the brackets where they made the most sense. I did have a problem with getting the rear bracket bolts in - there was barely any room to get the left rear bolt in, so I just used a pop rivet.

My favorite mod by far.

Edited by DryBear

So, I've been looking into building my own set. Autozone is carrying a line of hood struts. Finding the right one is somewhat of a challenge. The minimum I can purchase the struts are $50 for the pair. Fabricating the brackets and such would set me back another $10 or so. To pay $100 for a kit that works and is already made is a pretty fair price. I'm still going to fabricate my own. I just enjoy doing the work. I just thought I'd put in my dollars worth.

• 9 months later...

Are these kit still available ? if so where can I purchase a set

I got mine here, http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119506 I know some guys had a hard time getting their kits and some just ended up getting a refund. You may just try getting in touch with him and see if he has any available.

BC_99