head on collision in my truck today

garychoffmann

Consider Jimmy's advice. I got a bulging disc in my lower back when a drunk Mexican rear ended my quest more than a decade a go at a stop light; he fell asleep at the wheel. As I grow older, the pain from the injury seems to be getting worst...

Take it easy man and give yourself time to heal properly.

Very good advice.

I blew out 2 discs as a cause of a car accident and because I was young and tough, I skipped on the DR, even tho I hurt a little. A few days later, the pain was gone and I moved on with life. 10 years later all that mess came home to roost. Now my back has issues that will eventually require surgery, and it's too late for me to have any legal recourse against the guy who hit me or the insurance company.

Gary's only 32? Judging from some of his posts, I figured him for an old codger.

Just shows you never can tell.

Hope you heal up soon gary, so glad you made it out theis side alive!

Lawyer is a good idea......I got essentially squat for my inuries back in the day for someone else being at fault and leaving me with a fractured L-1 vertebra.

Turborusty

The availability of public information these days is scary.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/AccidentDetailsAction?ACC_RPT_NUM=A110069C

That is wild, jeeze.

Seems like this is all the information you really need to plead your case.

VEHICLE 1 (Marissa) WAS TRAVELING SOUTHBOUND ON ROUTE TT. VEHICLE 2 (Gary) WAS TRAVELING NORTHBOUND ON ROUTE TT. DRIVER 1 FAILED TO NEGOTIATE A CURVE AND CROSSED THE CENTER LINE, STRIKING VEHICLE 2 HEAD ON.

The availability of public information these days is scary.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/AccidentDetailsAction?ACC_RPT_NUM=A110069C

If you want a reason to wear your seatbelt, go to the main page and in the search box. Look at the fatal accidents.

I haven't looked lately, but note how many were not wearing seat belts.

What is really sad is when you see a child killed in a low speed accident because they weren't wearing a seat belt.

There was one where a mini van went off the road and stopped. He tried to then pull back on, but the pavement was raised.

He went at just the wrong angle and the van turned over. A little kid was killed.

Missouri does a good job with that website.

Edited by Richie_Rich