idle issues

importwarrior

well it idles perfectly no hiccup at all smooth as can be. just perfect.

Then i plug in the MAS sensor and it breaks up stutters just about stalls.

i have to see if i can find one to try. im sure it is either bad or needs to

be cleaned again.I might just try out my megasquirt this weekend and toss the

stock setup.

If you're adventurous, and I think you are, you can test the functions per FSM. :) Or you can swap one even more easily. Of course I don't know why it would idle well without one - assuming it's a post 86.

my car did the sam but the pipe running frim the itake manifold and to the intercooler was getting pushed over by my aftermarket intake and caused the cupplings right after my MAFS to get pinched and it idled like s*** so i zippy tied it to a old bracket :)

well it idles perfectly no hiccup at all smooth as can be. just perfect.

Then i plug in the MAS sensor and it breaks up stutters just about stalls.

i have to see if i can find one to try. im sure it is either bad or needs to

be cleaned again.I might just try out my megasquirt this weekend and toss the

stock setup.

Try testing the error codes with a analog voltmeter. If code three comes up (Air Flow Sensor) that might be your problem. Testing: FSM volume no. 1. pages 14-21,22,61 and 62. Self-Diagnosis.

Bill

Had that issue with one that stopped by here. He had those replacement injectors and they were both leaking. When the MAF wasn't plugged in you could get it to run but it wouldn't make boost and at idle with it plugged in it would just load up, foul the plugs and die just as you are describing. I swapped in a cleaned set of stock injectors and it ran just fine. There wasn't a MAF issue at all but that is the same situation that can happen that will throw that stupid MAF "code" and its not the MAF its something else. It threw the code when the engine DIED.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/errorcodes1.jpg