PIttsburgh Members?

modifyd

The first couple of years they brought it back, they just held it in Boardman/Youngstown, like the 224 strip. But a few years back they up and completely moved it to Salem Ohio. And thats where they continue to hold it. Its not to to far from here. They also hold events at The Quaker City Drag Strip, like burnout comp etc. etc. I have never been a consistant participant of the event but from I remember I cant recall seeing one Starquest there. I've seen some Omni GLHS's, Daytona IROC's, Eclipse's, and about 50 million Civics.

I'd say that the Drag Strip is the centralized location for the event. I think they have a car show there with prizes and all that jazz, but anyone is free to meet anywhere in Salem and park and watch or cruise or do whatever you want to do really. I'll talk to my ex this weekend and find out more because she lives there, prob be the best bet. She has her nose in everything lol

• 3 weeks later...

Steel valley Supernats.....

http://www.wfmj.com/global/story.asp?s=13801198

SALEM, Ohio- A popular summertime event is returning to Salem for the sixth year.

The Steel Valley Supernationals will take place June 24-26 at Quaker City Motorsports Park.

Corey Ward, CEO and owner of the Steel Valley Supernationals, said in a news release that he is happy to have renewed the agreement with the city.

"We enjoy our relationship with the great people at Quaker City Motorsports Park. I am looking forward to continuing this successful and productive relationship and to growing this event through participants and spectators, as we have over the past five years," Ward said.

The event will feature more than 3,000 hot rods, trucks and other vehicles and is expected to attract about 25,000 people.

Dad

That would be nice to make it to Salem in June - that one would probably be more of a show&race. I'd have to get the car all shined up.

I think we should set up a date to where we can all meet at PRP also. It's close enough to everyone that it won't be too far a drive. There is a good bar/restaurant near the raceway. I think it's called the Log Cabin - can't remember as we just swing by on our bikes to grab a bite. It's near the Sheetz on Highway 22. We can all meet there before or after the going to the raceway.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be nice to make it to Salem in June - that one would probably be more of a show&race. I'd have to get the car all shined up.

I think we should set up a date to where we can all meet at PRP also. It's close enough to everyone that it won't be too far a drive. There is a good bar/restaurant near the raceway. I think it's called the Log Cabin - can't remember as we just swing by on our bikes to grab a bite. It's near the Sheetz on Highway 22. We can all meet there before or after the going to the raceway.

Im down for some PRP action. I think we should go on a test and tune day that way we can just run each other and stuff like that.

Steel valley Supernats.....

http://www.wfmj.com/global/story.asp?s=13801198

SALEM, Ohio- A popular summertime event is returning to Salem for the sixth year.

The Steel Valley Supernationals will take place June 24-26 at Quaker City Motorsports Park.

Corey Ward, CEO and owner of the Steel Valley Supernationals, said in a news release that he is happy to have renewed the agreement with the city.

"We enjoy our relationship with the great people at Quaker City Motorsports Park. I am looking forward to continuing this successful and productive relationship and to growing this event through participants and spectators, as we have over the past five years," Ward said.

The event will feature more than 3,000 hot rods, trucks and other vehicles and is expected to attract about 25,000 people.

Dad

Hey dad i think this will be cool iv never been here. I didnt even know it existed. I am gonna need to find directions cause i get lost without my gps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...