hard to start with new trilogy injectors

starion27

Ok I know ive seen this posted on here before but I cant seem to find it. I just installed the trilogy injectors on my 85 and I am using a MAF-T, I had to make a couple adjustments to get them to run but I got it, now every time I go out to start it I have to spend like 5min just trying to get it to run. It basically will start and die untill it finally stays runing. Any ideas?

Ok I know ive seen this posted on here before but I cant seem to find it. I just installed the trilogy injectors on my 85 and I am using a MAF-T, I had to make a couple adjustments to get them to run but I got it, now every time I go out to start it I have to spend like 5min just trying to get it to run. It basically will start and die untill it finally stays runing. Any ideas?

this is off topic, but you are trying to get it running good, so that it can sit for 3 years?

You did specify its for an 85 right? 85s fire together where as 87-89 fire sequentially if you got the wrong injectors then she will run poorly at best..also did you wire your maft properly the mafs are quite different for 83-86 cars and the wiring procedure for 87-89 will not work on 85s...

yes the injectors are the dual 850's and it was runing fine with the maf before I put the injectors on, and as far as why I have a maf on a 85, why not?

I would try a ISC/ TPS rest if you haven't already,

other than that, I would disconnect the battery for five minutes to reset the Fuel map and drive it for 50 miles.

Any error codes ???

Clean the wire on the GM MAF ??

I meant why are you messing with putting a MAF-T on a 85?

Unplug the CTS, after you get the car to run and drive and after its completely heated up when you plug the CTS back in there shouldn't be ANY change in the way it runs. After it cools back down the CTS is going to have the ECU add in more fuel. You can't "tune" in anything on a COLD car with any type of translator because you can't "tune" that cold start up enrichment coming from the ECU and if you do then when the car is warmed up it will run leaner or you'll bang your head until it does get warm and then have to go back and do it over.

Edited by Indiana