BURN 2 MUCH MOTOR OIL

JayR_NYC

small 16g 10.5psi this is a baby turbo and baby boost

Are you certain you have the correct letter injectors? You don't have a K or B injector in there for a primary?

What cam/valve train do you have?

STOCK CAMS/VALVE TRAIN...WATS INJECTOR DO I NEED AS MY PRIMARY?????

So, two pages of advice. Have you any updates? Checked the car lately?

OMG...I check my oil...and its low...s*** its only 2weeks...oil is marking on the tip of the dip stick...wt.... is going on that the engine is burning so much oil... i put 20w 50 thinking that maybe it needed thicker oil...same s*** is happening

Edited by JayR_NYC

Plain walmart brand 10w30 is fine but you need to run premium fuel. If that's an 87 you can run that cheap fuel and if its a stock unmodded 8/89 you can to since the knock sensor will tell the ignitor and that will tell the ECU to open that solenoid valve on the air can and lower the boost to use the inner most chamber on the 3 port wastegate so that lowers the boost to save the motor. low boost and low octance fuel go together but not high boost without high octance fuel. Don't waste money on synthetic oil in an old motor. It might just be the valve cover leaking. You have drips or a puddle or is it just gone?

no drips or a puddle anywhere...car run great...its just burning up oil within a months time...2day i checked my oil...and it marked the tip of the dipstick...Crazy...wat can it be????...its only 2weeks and it burned up the oil i just put in...

Edited by JayR_NYC

valve guide seals or jet valve elim orings are the two major oil burning causes , as can broken rings but a leak down test should point to that , if you realy want to look, remove the turbo,, wheres the oil residue, comeing out of the head or out the end of the turbo ,, most of the time the spark plugs will show if it's the valve stem seals , except for the exh seals

another cause of oil burning is over rich fuel mix,, once gas gets into the oil it flows out every where real quick

valve guide seals or jet valve elim orings are the two major oil burning causes , as can broken rings but a leak down test should point to that , if you realy want to look, remove the turbo,, wheres the oil residue, comeing out of the head or out the end of the turbo ,, most of the time the spark plugs will show if it's the valve stem seals , except for the exh seals

another cause of oil burning is over rich fuel mix,, once gas gets into the oil it flows out every where real quick

also...didnt mention...i just put a 1g Mas...

You usually have 3 main things that will make you burn oil, turbo seals, valve seals, or bad piston rings. Do a compression test and go from there. I wouldn't use different types of oil, 10W30 Castrol or 10W30 Royal Purple for me, all year round. When my engine finally went and burned a lot of oil, it was the bottom oil control piston rings.

Oh, and I've NEVER used any other octane gas other than 93, Sunoco used to have 94, not anymore :(

Zack K.