OMG...HELP

JayR_NYC

i put a new clutch...master/slave cylinder...3 months ago...now when the car is cold i could get all the gears fine...but it warms up...its really hard 2 shaft into gears...with the clutch pedal down...u could hear the driveshaft rattles like crazy...AND the resv. is full...cant example wats going on if all the parts r new...now after 3 months its acting up

OMG NEED HELP....PLEASE

Edited by JayR_NYC

i believe that you forgot to grease the splines that the clutch disc rides on. when it gets hot the splines expand and cause the disc to get stuck and that causes you to not be able to go into any gears because the transmission is still technically moving and not disengaged.

A member told me that its the slave cylinder that popped...imma check it 2morrow...and leave feedback on the situation...thanx guys

^^The rattle you're probably hearing is the throwout bearing especially if you swapped to a lighter aftermarket clutch so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. It may or may not have anything to do with what's going on with the gears.

^^The rattle you're probably hearing is the throwout bearing especially if you swapped to a lighter aftermarket clutch so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. It may or may not have anything to do with what's going on with the gears.

Oh man, you just made me feel a lot better. I just put a stage 4 clutch and 15lb flywheel in, and my trans has a little bit of a rattle on hard accel, fine in soft accel, and a little rattle during deceleration, I thought maybe I didn't grease the splines enough but now I can sleep soundly :)

-Justin

^^I'm not sure how it pans out on the sq's but when I put a stage 5 clutch in my old Focus it rattled a lot when it was idling and the ATB differential made a lot of noise on deceleration especially on high rpms. I didn't have much or any rattle under acceleration though--mostly when there was little or no load on the transmission.