dont have injctor pulse

jrcampen87

OK, how do you know you don't have an injector pulse? You do know that the ECU only grounds the injectors and doesn't send a voltage. With the key on one of the terminals on any injector connector should have +12V, the other goes to the ECU and when the ECU grounds that side the injector fires. If you don't have 12V take a look at the resistor pack located beside the air can on the backside of the passenger headlight bucket. With the key on you should have 12V there. Upstream from that is the main relay located above the ECU, upstream from that is fusible link #2. Happy hunting!

Scott

ECU only reads spark off the negative side of the coil, the ignitor in conjunction with the distributor control spark and spark timing (and spark retard). Are you fighting a no-start problem? Likely the ignitor. I take it it's an 87 with the plastic box ignitor? They have a tendency to die, I drove 2 blocks to the grocery store and came out and it would not start, only crank. Walked home to get the spare ignitor, swapped them and drove home.

Scott

Yes im working on a no-start. Was just driving and RPM started jumping than it dead. crank it over all day. As for the injector resistor under the air canister it has the 12v that it needs. My car is a 86 staron.is that black boxs by the coil the spare ignitor?

That black box next to the coil is a dead ignitor, the rpm jumping before it died is a tell-tale sign she's done.

PM me an address and I'll send you a good one, please return your dead one to me as I use them for plug n' play systems.

Scott

Someone have the ECU part number list, post it here he has another ECU he wanted to check the part # of.

He has a non stock coil that's a square sort of shape, he's going to swap it from one from an 87 parts car he already tried the 87 knock sensor but he isn't 100% sure its good.

Anyone live near him?