Power Windows won't work.

blue_crush

Alright, neither of the windows will roll down. I changed the switch out and that didn't work. I changed the relay behind the battery and that didn't work, so then I tore the door pannel off and made sure that nothing was messed up. All looks ok, but still can't get either side to work... I have owned about 7 of these cars and never had a problem with the windows. I wouldn't think that both window motors are burnt up. Anybody got any ideas????

haha, yeh it is, hell... I even started the car just to cover ALL the bases. The car has been sitting for at least 5 years that I'm aware of, so I'm goin through all possabilities. I did do a search and forgot about that box under the seat, can't remember what it's called (ETACS) I think... I'm gunna try an change it and see what happens.

I just replaced it, and still doesn't work, then I took the switch apart and cleaned it. Still nothin. Changed the switch out from my daily driver that works fine, and still doesn't work. I don't know what else to do.

Check your antenna fuse in the fuse panel by the drivers door.

Have you checked your Power Window Relay (A-41X)in the Engine Compartment. Also Sub fusible link no.1 (no.4 is the Power Window circuit)Did any wire testing to see if you get 12 volts at any point prior to the Power Window motors with a Test light or a voltmeter.

CALIBER 308

I changed the fusable link marked P/W and still got nothin, Yeh I changed out the relay with 4 others I had from parts cars.... still nothin. I used a mutimeter and didn't come up with any voltage at plug for the switch. Which tells me that my problem lies in the relay/link area... or I just have no idea. drivin me nuts!!!

i had this happen to me alot, there were two causes that did it mine, the main cause was the fusable link box next to the battery, the little black box with the wires going in and out, one of my wires kept getting a bad connection, the second was one of my fuses in the car was loose and was not getting a good connection, but i would try that little fusable link box next to the battery, there are two on top off each other.

It's fixed! Ladies and Gentleman their is a quest god... his name is Scotty Dont. Why the hell the antenna fuse is wired in with the windows in beyond me, but whatever, it works now. I even got that annoying door buzzer to start workin too. Thanks Scotty.

Mines a door beep rather than a door buzzer. ;)

Maybe you have a "Special Starquest"...Mine Buzzes. Starquests have a buzzer that continues to go off and off and off.Until you do something to stop it.Removing the key, closing the door or disconnecting the battery seems to work. ;)

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

It's fixed! Ladies and Gentleman their is a quest god... his name is Scotty Dont. Why the hell the antenna fuse is wired in with the windows in beyond me, but whatever, it works now. I even got that annoying door buzzer to start workin too. Thanks Scotty.

So, Was it fuse no. 8 ??? It might help other members if you post how you fixed it. Fuse no.8 is also connected to the Alarm buzzer, 11 and 13 aren't but are still connected to the Power Antenna.So,was it fuse no. 8??? Fuse no.8 does intersect with the Power Window Relay. But it is not listed as a componet in the Main fuse block. I found it in the Starion FSM Volume No.2 Section no. 8-346 ETACS- Checking Circuit.If information is given to solve a problem. The information should be relayed to the membership as to where it is found as to help others.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

So, Was it fuse no. 8 ??? It might help other members if you post how you fixed it. Fuse no.8 is also connected to the Alarm buzzer, 11 and 13 aren't but are still connected to the Power Antenna.So,was it fuse no. 8??? Fuse no.8 does intersect with the Power Window Relay. But it is not listed as a componet in the Main fuse block. I found it in the Starion FSM Volume No.2 Section no. 8-346 ETACS- Checking Circuit.If information is given to solve a problem. The information should be relayed to the membership as to where it is found as to help others.

CALIBER 308

Uhh, yeh man.... Like I said and Scotty.... I CHANGED THE ANTENNA FUSE. in the fuse box, located by the drivers left leg, near the door. I don't know what number it is.