shp tire sizes

livesTSI

ill soon be investing in a set of tires for my SHP's, and im simply asking what sizes i should go with. ill be on the new d2 coilovers eventually, stock height for now.

also, any suggestions on what brand of tire that will serve me well without breaking the bank?

Edited by livesTSI

Nexen tires are very inexpensive and they work good. Not a race tire by any means, but a legit street tire for sure. Do some shopping on eBay and you'll get a great deal. I got (4) 245/45/16's for like $260 shipped.

Stock SHP tires are: 225/50/16 front and 245/45/16 rear. 225/50 is an odd size from what I've seen, so a 225/45 will suffice and is much more common.

I still think someone needs to try out the new Kuhmo street tire offerred in 265/45/16....hint hint :lol: About .7 inches larger diameter over a 245/45 but still shorter than the 245/50's everyone used to run. Unfortunately it isn't cheap like the older Kuhmo 711 and 712 series. I think they go for about $160 each.

Don't know what your "bank" is but the Toyo T1R's are available in the factory 245/45/16 still I think.

Got to see the Nexen 3000 series last week on Couth's car, look like a pretty decent tire and like dmyers said the price is hard to beat.

Edited by jonboyb

I'll agree with Nexen as a decent tire. If money weren't an issue, I'd get some Proxes or P-Zero's, but it is so I've bought Nexen tires for all our cars over the past couple years.

I like them quite a bit, especially considering you can usually get them for under $100/tire.

245/50/16 in the rear Falken all around

225/55/16 up front

I don't like it. I wasn't counting on dropping the car that soon. so now i have tio much rubber under and the front is rubbing a bit. since you're going with the d2 coilover get the lowest profile you could find with. which is what Dale is running 45's. that will look much better. as for price wise, i spend 450 for my set, took the shop two days to find all 4 identical.